Major Problems after upgrading to 1.532.2 LTS Release

Andrew Sumner

Feb 20, 2014, 6:47:10 PM2/20/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Nearly everything I do gives this error - any assistance will be greatefully accepted!

Stack trace

com4j.ComException: 80040e14 (Unknown error) : One or more errors occurred during processing of command. : .\invoke.cpp:517
	at com4j.Wrapper.invoke(Wrapper.java:166)
	at $Proxy41.execute(Unknown Source)
	at hudson.plugins.active_directory.ActiveDirectoryAuthenticationProvider.getDnOfUserOrGroup(ActiveDirectoryAuthenticationProvider.java:188)
	at hudson.plugins.active_directory.ActiveDirectoryAuthenticationProvider.retrieveUser(ActiveDirectoryAuthenticationProvider.java:77)
	at hudson.plugins.active_directory.AbstractActiveDirectoryAuthenticationProvider.loadUserByUsername(AbstractActiveDirectoryAuthenticationProvider.java:30)
	at hudson.plugins.active_directory.ActiveDirectorySecurityRealm.loadUserByUsername(ActiveDirectorySecurityRealm.java:584)
	at jenkins.security.ApiTokenFilter.doFilter(ApiTokenFilter.java:49)
	at hudson.security.ChainedServletFilter$1.doFilter(ChainedServletFilter.java:87)
	at org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:249)
	at hudson.security.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter2.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter2.java:67)
	at hudson.security.ChainedServletFilter$1.doFilter(ChainedServletFilter.java:87)
	at hudson.security.ChainedServletFilter.doFilter(ChainedServletFilter.java:76)
	at hudson.security.HudsonFilter.doFilter(HudsonFilter.java:164)
	at winstone.FilterConfiguration.execute(FilterConfiguration.java:194)
	at winstone.RequestDispatcher.doFilter(RequestDispatcher.java:366)
	at org.kohsuke.stapler.compression.CompressionFilter.doFilter(CompressionFilter.java:46)
	at winstone.FilterConfiguration.execute(FilterConfiguration.java:194)
	at winstone.RequestDispatcher.doFilter(RequestDispatcher.java:366)
	at hudson.util.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:81)
	at winstone.FilterConfiguration.execute(FilterConfiguration.java:194)
	at winstone.RequestDispatcher.doFilter(RequestDispatcher.java:366)
	at winstone.RequestDispatcher.forward(RequestDispatcher.java:331)
	at winstone.RequestHandlerThread.processRequest(RequestHandlerThread.java:227)
	at winstone.RequestHandlerThread.run(RequestHandlerThread.java:150)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
	at winstone.BoundedExecutorService$1.run(BoundedExecutorService.java:77)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com4j.ComException: 80040e14 (Unknown error) : One or more errors occurred during processing of command. : .\invoke.cpp:517
	at com4j.Native.invoke(Native Method)
	at com4j.StandardComMethod.invoke(StandardComMethod.java:35)
	at com4j.Wrapper$InvocationThunk.call(Wrapper.java:340)
	at com4j.Task.invoke(Task.java:51)
	at com4j.ComThread.run0(ComThread.java:153)
	at com4j.ComThread.run(ComThread.java:134)

Andrew Sumner

Feb 20, 2014, 6:57:11 PM2/20/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Update: if press back button on browser it will often work on second attempt. eg click on a view, get error, go back and try again

Andrew Sumner

Feb 20, 2014, 8:52:31 PM2/20/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Also:
* I can't connect to Jenkins at all via Chrome
* Jenkins becomes unresponsive and I have to restart the service after approx 1 hour (running on windows 2008 server)

Dunnigan, Terrence J

Feb 20, 2014, 11:12:34 PM2/20/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

What version were you running previously?

Daniel Beck

Feb 21, 2014, 12:54:40 PM2/21/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Don't use the Active Directory plugin. You likely can configure the LDAP plugin[1] to do the same job.

1: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/LDAP+Plugin

Baptiste Mathus

Feb 22, 2014, 10:07:10 AM2/22/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

?
Curious, would that plugin somehow be deprecated? We've been using it for many years (since the time when Jenkins had another name that extinguished today) without any issue.

Daniel Beck

Feb 22, 2014, 3:00:42 PM2/22/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I don't think there's a need to do so. It still works without any configuration in a lot of cases. And configuration of the LDAP plugin can be annoying if you know nothing about LDAP.

I've experienced a severe issue with AD a while back (essentially JENKINS-16429; restarting Jenkins twice a week for months when several important jobs have build times of 10+ hours isn't fun), and was able to resolve them by switching to LDAP. Given the AD specific stack trace, I suggested Andrew tries this as well.

SUMNER Andrew

Feb 23, 2014, 3:10:29 PM2/23/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

1.532.1 – I’ve had to downgrade as Jenkins was un-useable.  A suggestion has been made that the Active Directory Plugin has caused this which I will look into.

The information contained in this email message is intended only for the addressee and is not necessarily the official view or communication of the New Zealand Customs Service.

This email may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you have received it by mistake, please:
(a) reply promptly to that effect, and remove this email and the reply from your system; and
(b) do not act on this email in any other way.

jpd4nt

Feb 24, 2014, 11:10:32 AM2/24/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Can you also list what modules you have enabled.

It does look like AD module from the error message.

SUMNER Andrew

Feb 24, 2014, 4:00:34 PM2/24/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

I have Jenkins installed on a windows 2008 server.  If by modules you mean plugins:

I recently disabled this as it seems to cause memory leaks (still to investigate this one):

Jenkins disk-usage plugin

0.23

Otherwise I have these:

Ant Plugin

1.2

Build Blocker Plugin

1.4.1

Build Monitor Plugin

1.3+build.68

CCM Plug-in

3.0.1

Checkstyle Plug-in

3.39

CloudBees Folders Plugin

4.2.1

Configuration Slicing plugin

1.38.3

Coverage/Complexity Scatter Plot PlugIn

1.1.1

Credentials Plugin

1.1

Dependency Graph Viewer Plugin

0.11

Duplicate Code Scanner Plug-in

2.39

Environment Injector Plugin

1.89

Extensible Choice Parameter plugin

1.2.2

External Monitor Job Type Plugin

1.2

FindBugs Plug-in

4.51

Groovy Postbuild

1.8

HTML Publisher plugin

1.3

Hudson Groovy builder

1.15

Hudson Screenshot plugin

1.1

Javadoc Plugin

1.1

Jenkins Active Directory plugin

1.33

Jenkins Artifact Deployer Plug-in

0.28

Jenkins Artifactory Plugin

2.2.1

Jenkins build timeout plugin

1.12.2

Jenkins Claim Plugin

2.3

Jenkins Cobertura Plugin

1.9.3

Jenkins description setter plugin

1.8

Jenkins Gradle plugin

1.23

Jenkins JIRA plugin

1.38

Jenkins Job Configuration History Plugin

2.5

Jenkins jQuery plugin

1.7.2-1

Jenkins jQuery UI plugin

1.0.2

Jenkins Mailer Plugin

1.8

Jenkins MSBuild Plugin

1.21

Jenkins Notification plugin

1.5

Jenkins NUnit plugin

0.15

Jenkins Parameterized Trigger plugin

2.22

Jenkins promoted builds plugin

2.15

Jenkins Serenity plugin

1

Jenkins Sonar Plugin

2.1

Jenkins SSH Slaves plugin

1.6

Jenkins Subversion Tagging Plugin

1.16

Jenkins user build vars plugin

1.1

Jenkins Violations plugin

0.7.11

LDAP Plugin

1.7

Maven Integration plugin

2.0.3

Nested View Plugin

1.14

Next Build Number Plugin

1.1

PAM Authentication plugin

1.1

Performance plugin

1.1

Plot plugin

1.6

PMD Plug-in

3.38

Rebuilder

1.21

Sectioned View Plugin

1.18

SSH Credentials Plugin

1.6.1

Static Analysis Collector Plug-in

1.39

Static Analysis Utilities

1.55

Subversion Plugin

1.53

Task Scanner Plug-in

4.39

ThinBackup

1.7.4

Timestamper

1.5.8

Translation Assistance Plugin

1.1

Maureen Barger

Feb 24, 2014, 4:23:39 PM2/24/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I had to remove the disk usage plugin as well. Be advised you should uninstall rather than disable it as jobs will still write its config to their xml.
Also you need to run "manage old data" to get those entries removed. This plug-in causes terrible heap creep and severe gc until you run "manage old data." I think this plugin does not work well with lazy-loading.