Multi-branch Pipelines and Triggers?

Tim Shaw

Jun 19, 2018, 11:17:11 AM6/19/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I have a large codebase in SVN holding Maven sources - all with pom files.
We're using Jenkinsfiles to define the builds.
I'd like to trigger the various branches to build when a Maven dependency (within the project) changes.
Does the 'Build whenever a SNAPSHOT dependency is built' work in this context? (It doesn't appear to).
Is there any way to propagate a lower-level project change (generating a new Maven artifact) to cause a higher-level pipeline to build?
Otherwise, any advice on how to approach this pls? I don't want to have to knit together up/downstream projects explicitly if I can help it.
Many Thanks
tim

Francois Marot

Jun 19, 2018, 6:42:45 PM6/19/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi Tim, I think the Pipeline Maven plugin ( https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Pipeline+Maven+Plugin#PipelineMavenPlugin-Changelog ) is exactly what you are looking for :)

Tim Shaw

Jun 20, 2018, 7:05:59 AM6/20/18
to Jenkins Users
Thanks Francois. That does indeed look like it will do the trick. Unfortunately my current Jenkinsfiles use the artifactory/maven plugin, and I would need to wrap that inside the withMaven step (if that will even work). Now that I have worked out the pipeline-in-shared-library, I will investigate further - probably using the maven-artifactory plugin!
Best regards
tim