Maven and hudson

ensienne

Mar 25, 2011, 9:41:30 AM3/25/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have just used maven2 with hudson. I aim to launch selenium tests with
maven via hudson.
I have create a maven2 project with eclipse. I have tested it with eclipse
and it works.
The next step is to launch it via hudson.
I have followed those steps.
1. Create a new job de type (maven2)
2. Configure the job as this:
- in the Build part: I have pointed on the POM of my project
- in Post build action: I have coched publish html report and ponted on
the path of the report generated.
3. Launch the build and as a result I have thsi:
ERROR: Processing failed due to a bug in the code. Please report this to
hudson...@googlegroups.com
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: mavenHome must exists
at
hudson.maven.MavenEmbedderUtils.buildClassRealm(MavenEmbedderUtils.java:74)
at
hudson.maven.MavenEmbedderUtils.getMavenVersion(MavenEmbedderUtils.java:170)
at hudson.maven.MavenVersionCallable.call(MavenVersionCallable.java:56)
at hudson.maven.MavenVersionCallable.call(MavenVersionCallable.java:40)
at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:784)
at
hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild$RunnerImpl.doRun(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:495)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.run(AbstractBuild.java:420)
at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1362)
at hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild.run(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:405)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:145)
project=hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet@9e7e21[maven_selenium]
project.getModules()=[]
project.getRootModule()=null
FATAL: mavenHome must exists
[...]

NB: I have created a global variable that contains the MAVEN2_HOME.
I can't resolve this problem.
Any help please.

Olivier Lamy

Mar 25, 2011, 9:51:20 AM3/25/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Have you set the "Maven Version" in the plugin configuration ? (in the
Build section)

--
Olivier Lamy
http://twitter.com/olamy

ensienne

Mar 25, 2011, 10:24:50 AM3/25/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for your help! but I don't find where can I add the
version ins the build section.
the only parameters that I found are:
ROOT POM :=> I have typed /home/usr/myproject/pom.xml
GOALS and Options:=> I have typed site (since I want to generate a html
report)
MAVEN_OPTS
Alternative setting file
Maven validation level => I have choose DEFAULT
That is what I have configured in this section

Olivier Lamy

Mar 25, 2011, 12:01:01 PM3/25/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Normally you should have a list box with your installed maven versions.

Go to in http://ip:port/configure (Manage Jenkins then Configure System).

Do you have at least one maven installation ?
If not add at least one.

Kamal Ahmed

Mar 25, 2011, 2:29:28 PM3/25/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to consolidate the results of builds/test results on one page, and have it automatically updated , so that the user does not have to click or drill down to see details.
I want to be able to display the results in a consice and project wise basis, as well as a view of ALL projects on a projector.
Any ideas ? which plugin would be suitable ?
Thanks,
-Kamal.

ensienne

Mar 25, 2011, 4:18:52 PM3/25/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
thank you very much for your help.
I have finally resolved this problem. I have typed a wrong path to the maven
in the hudson page configuration.

thank you again

Kamal Ahmed

Mar 25, 2011, 4:33:15 PM3/25/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
This should be going to someone else. Dont you think ?

My question was that i want to display a consolidated view of build and test results and something like
"Wall Display plugin" or "status monitor" will not DO, sicne they do not provide a Historical perspective, plus the content of the existing
plugins does not include  real time graph of various build and test artifacts and results, like code coverage, pmd results, etc as line graphs or pie charts.

What would be nice is to have a plugin that displays a filterable QA Matrix Live display.
Thanks,
-Kamal.