Checkout Failure in Master Slave Configuration

Vinod Kumar

Apr 10, 2012, 2:27:58 AM4/10/12
to Jenkins Users
Hi All,
I am configuring a master slave configuration on my machine.
Master is a Linux Machine and slave is a Windows XP machine.
I have given a MS BUILD job to this master but when I run the Job it
is not checking out the project.
I am launching slave with java web start

Getting this error while checking out- (I am able to checkout and run
other linux project on my master, So svn authentication are fine)

ERROR: Subversion checkout has been canceled
hudson.util.IOException2: remote file operation failed: C:\jenkins
\workspace\projectname at hudson.remoting.Channel@19bb5648:XP1
at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:828)
at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:814)
at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.checkout(SubversionSCM.java:743)
at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.checkout(SubversionSCM.java:685)
at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:
1212)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild
$AbstractRunner.checkout(AbstractBuild.java:579)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild
$AbstractRunner.run(AbstractBuild.java:468)
at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1413)
at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46)
at
hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:238)
Caused by: java.io.InterruptedIOException
at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM
$CheckOutTask.invoke(SubversionSCM.java:776)
at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM
$CheckOutTask.invoke(SubversionSCM.java:753)
at hudson.FilePath$FileCallableWrapper.call(FilePath.java:
2154)
at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:118)
at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:48)
at hudson.remoting.Request$2.run(Request.java:287)
at hudson.remoting.InterceptingExecutorService
$1.call(InterceptingExecutorService.java:72)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown
Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
Source)
at hudson.remoting.Engine$1$1.run(Engine.java:60)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException
at hudson.scm.subversion.CheckoutUpdater
$1.perform(CheckoutUpdater.java:87)
at hudson.scm.subversion.WorkspaceUpdater
$UpdateTask.delegateTo(WorkspaceUpdater.java:136)
at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM
$CheckOutTask.perform(SubversionSCM.java:788)
at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM
$CheckOutTask.invoke(SubversionSCM.java:769)
... 12 more
Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNCancelException
Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNCancelException: svn: No
credential to try. Authentication failed
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.cancel(SVNErrorManager.java:
37)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.cancel(SVNErrorManager.java:
32)

Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNErrorMessage: svn: No credential
to try. Authentication failed
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNErrorMessage.create(SVNErrorMessage.java:
200)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNErrorMessage.create(SVNErrorMessage.java:
146)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNErrorMessage.create(SVNErrorMessage.java:
89)
... 48 more
Finished: FAILURE

Gábor Garami

Apr 10, 2012, 4:06:38 AM4/10/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

You did not specified credentials to check out repository.

Vinod Kumar

Apr 10, 2012, 4:32:20 AM4/10/12
to Jenkins Users
I have specified them in server file of subversion in jenkins.
jenkins is even able to checkout on MASTER.
This problem comes when i run the job for SLAVE machine and its not
able to checkout then only.

Gábor Garami

Apr 10, 2012, 4:38:58 AM4/10/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Because you did not specified credentials on SLAVE.

Garami Gábor
gabor....@hron.me
Skype: hron84
Tel: +36 20 235 9621

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Vinod Kumar

Apr 10, 2012, 10:12:39 AM4/10/12
to Jenkins Users
Sir!! I have a query here!!
You meant it uses the subversion on slave machine??
If so it shouldn't have started svn command at all (as I have not
installed subversion on slave at all) right?

so basically my query is.......

should I install subversion on Slave (Windows) machine also and
specify credentials there in server file(I have already tried that and
that didn't worked too so I just uninstalled subversion on Slave)

or

shall I just specify credentials somewhere on slave machine and
specify path in config of jenkins on master.

I will be really thankful if you can help me here.

On Apr 10, 1:38 pm, Gábor Garami <gabor.gar...@hron.me> wrote:
> Because you did not specified credentials on SLAVE.
>
> Garami Gábor
> gabor.gar...@hron.me
> Skype: hron84
> Tel: +36 20 235 9621
>
> Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Gábor Garami

Apr 10, 2012, 4:31:31 PM4/10/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

In Jenkins terminology Slave means separated machine what fetches, builds and test jobs and all artifact being copied back to the Master after build, inc. test logs, real artifacts, stats, etc. Master just triggers and monitor the build process but not do anything on Slave. Except if you specified to install some tools (e.g. Maven, Ant, JDK. etc) from their site.

So you need install svn and all tools for successful build to ALL slaves. And you must set required creds to if they're needed.

Garami Gábor
gabor....@hron.me

Skype: hron84
Tel: +36 20 235 9621

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Ezt a levelet telefonról adták fel, ékezethibákat tartalmazhat.

Les Mikesell

Apr 10, 2012, 5:41:06 PM4/10/12
2012/4/10 Gábor Garami <gabor....@hron.me>:

> In Jenkins terminology Slave means separated machine what fetches, builds
> and test jobs and all artifact being copied back to the Master after build,
> inc. test logs, real artifacts, stats, etc. Master just triggers and monitor
> the build process but not do anything on Slave. Except if you specified to
> install some tools (e.g. Maven, Ant, JDK. etc) from their site.
>
> So you need install svn and all tools for successful build to ALL slaves.
> And you must set required creds to if they're needed.

I thought jenkins used the java subversion client and passed the
credentials that you set for the job. Or are you running local tools
in a build script commands instead of using the subversion plugin?

--
Les Mikesell
lesmi...@gmail.com

Gábor Garami

Les Mikesell

Apr 10, 2012, 11:09:14 PM4/10/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
2012/4/10 Gábor Garami <gabor....@hron.me>:

> No, Jenkins uses subversion cmd, what can be downloaded from
> subversion.apache.org.

But this: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Subversion+Plugin
says it uses svnkit. And is included in the base install.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmi...@gmail.com

Vinod Kumar

Apr 11, 2012, 2:56:58 AM4/11/12
to Jenkins Users
Hi Gábor Garami,
I have installed subversion on Slave machine provided credentials to
server file,
but problem remains the same...

I even tried svn checkout from CMD on that windows machine and that
worked flawlessly,
but checkout is not happening when I run job from Master jenkins

As I ran java webstart on this machine I am pasting here details of
jenkins folder created in Windows machine
on windows jenkins folder I have following contents-
classworlds.jar
jenkins-slave.err.log
jenkins-slave.exe
jenkins-slave.out.log
jenkins-slave.wrapper.log
jenkins-slave.xml
maven-agent.jar
maven-interceptor.jar
maven2.1-interceptor.jar
maven3-agent.jar
maven3-interceptor.jar
plexus-classworld.jar
slave.jar
workspace

Do I need ti install something else here??

On Apr 11, 1:31 am, Gábor Garami <gabor.gar...@hron.me> wrote:
> In Jenkins terminology Slave means separated machine what fetches, builds
> and test jobs and all artifact being copied back to the Master after build,
> inc. test logs, real artifacts, stats, etc. Master just triggers and
> monitor the build process but not do anything on Slave. Except if you
> specified to install some tools (e.g. Maven, Ant, JDK. etc) from their site.
>
> So you need install svn and all tools for successful build to ALL slaves.
> And you must set required creds to if they're needed.
>
> Garami Gábor
> gabor.gar...@hron.me
> Skype: hron84
> Tel: +36 20 235 9621
>
> Sent from my T-Mobile G2
> Ezt a levelet telefonról adták fel, ékezethibákat tartalmazhat.

Gábor Garami

Apr 11, 2012, 11:59:22 AM4/11/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Okay, could you please explain how did you specified credentials for accessing your svn repo? In job? If yes, how?

Garami Gábor
E-mail: gabor....@hron.meMSN: hr...@vipmail.hu
Skype: hron84