Jenkins always produces 100% health reports

Mark Sinclair

Nov 10, 2014, 6:21:52 PM11/10/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

We have a home-grown test environment and I've recently added Jenkins Junit to produce nice test trend graphs.

I am having trouble getting the Junit plugin to give anything other than 100% health.  I want the health report to produce bad weather when there are failures.  Below is the simple xml I have created to test with.

Junit produces a 100% sunny health report based on this, when I expect it to report 0% since 1 of 1 test is failing.  The test result page shows 1 failure as expected.  Everything seems to be working except this health reporting.  I'm running version 1.2 of Junit.

Here's the XML file I'm testing with.  It is not generated by Junit.  I suspected this was a problem and I may have an issue here, but I have not found a resource that shows this is wrong in any way...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<testsuites    name="all_tests" errors="1" tests="1" failures="1" >
    <testsuite name="all_tests" errors="1" tests="1" failures="1" >
          <testcase  classname="myblock" name="mytest " time="30.57" >
              <failure> message="testfailed"   </failure>
          </testcase>
  </testsuite>
</testsuites>

A snapshot of the health report, along with 1 test failing out of a total of 1 test - how can this be 100%?

Thanks!

Mark Sinclair

Nov 11, 2014, 9:25:18 AM11/11/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
My original subject was inaccurate - I meant to say Junit, not Jenkins always produces 100% health reports.  I am able to get proper health reports from other plugins.