Programmatically Create Job instance from Job Template

Joseph Ved

Feb 5, 2016, 3:14:10 PM2/5/16
to Jenkins Developers
Hi All,
I am using paid version of Jenkins
We all know, we can make a template out of a Job . and use that template to make Job instances from the Template

I have all that. I can make a template  out of a Jenkins Job ...
I want to Programmatically be able to create job instances from my template . so in future I could have a JOB_FACTORY (Jenkins Job), which creates my template instances  .

Here is why :

I am supporting a huge team to support BlackDuck software. So my Idea is to have a template , and anyone could run JOB_FACTORY Jenkins job to create their instance in the location they want ..

All Instances will be run on a Slave Pool. So I will not have issues regarding to Slave mapping
I do not know what other information I need to provide . .

Message has been deleted

Joseph Ved

Feb 5, 2016, 3:43:49 PM2/5/16
to Jenkins Developers
I am thinking maybe running a java or Python on  master . for send port request .. but I have no idea how ...

Kanstantsin Shautsou

Feb 5, 2016, 4:12:50 PM2/5/16
to Jenkins Developers

I am using paid version of Jenkins
Have you tried contact persons that you paid to?

Baptiste Mathus

Feb 5, 2016, 4:19:45 PM2/5/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
From what I understand, if you want to have advanced possibilities for what gets generated for each job, I'd recommend either using the Job DSL plugin, or if you prefer a more /hardcore/ way: using system groovy scripts.