Releasing additional artifacts alongside the plugin .hpi

Oliver Gondža

Jun 20, 2017, 6:32:13 AM6/20/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, pjanouse
Hi,

For a foreman-node-sharing plugin, we distribute a tool to populate the
foreman with user-controlled configuration (built as multimodule maven
project). It would be great to have it released into maven repo as well.
The question is, what gid:aid to use so it does not appear as another
plugin, it is clear those artifacts belong together and permissions are
granted at the same place (jenkins-infra/repository-permissions-updater).

Is there any precedence for this? Ideas?

Thanks
--
oliver

Jesse Glick

Jun 20, 2017, 8:58:09 AM6/20/17
to Jenkins Dev
On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 6:32 AM, Oliver Gondža <ogo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be great to have it released into maven repo as well. The
> question is, what gid:aid to use so it does not appear as another plugin, it
> is clear those artifacts belong together

In trivial cases, you can just attach another artifact to the Maven
module. Or you can switch the plugin repository to a reactor build
with a `pom`-packaging parent and some `module`s, which would require
minor tweaks in `repository-permissions-updater`.

Oliver Gondža

Jun 20, 2017, 9:59:35 AM6/20/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I have not realized one entry can list several paths. Here is
the PR:
https://github.com/jenkins-infra/repository-permissions-updater/pull/342

--
oliver