How to get the "step id" from pipeline code?

Daniel Weber

Aug 22, 2017, 4:57:39 PM8/22/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi there,

when using blue ocean (I love the pipeline visualization ;)), one has these links: <build-url>/pipeline/<step-id> to see the details of an individual step only.
Is there a way (an API) to get the current "step-id" from within pipeline code while it is being executed?
I'd like to generate links to important steps and push them to another place for reference.

Best Regards,
Daniel

Jesse Glick

Aug 22, 2017, 5:04:07 PM8/22/17