Wiki offline, update center delayed?

Mark Waite

Dec 28, 2014, 9:50:22 AM12/28/14
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I released git-client-plugin 1.14.1 about 18 hours ago to fix a problem that would affect Red Hat 6 and Red Hat 5 users. When I tried to update the release notes on the wiki yesterday, the web page response was incomplete.  Today it reports "Bad Gateway".

I also have not seen the newly released plugin in the Jenkins update center yet. I realize that the usual heuristic is to wait up to 24 hours for it to be visible, but my typical experience has been that releases are usually visible in 12 hours or less.

--
Thanks!
Mark Waite

Daniel Beck

Dec 28, 2014, 12:51:18 PM12/28/14
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
https://ci.jenkins-ci.org/job/infra_update_center_v3/ rebuilds the update center and appears to fail with the same error since Saturday ~3AM UTC. May be wiki access as well (to get e.g. plugin descriptions from wiki page excerpts).

Mark Waite

Dec 28, 2014, 5:43:36 PM12/28/14
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
The gateway message being reported in that job's console output looks very similar to the message I see when I try to view the wiki from my web browser.

Thanks!
Mark Waite

R. Tyler Croy

Dec 28, 2014, 8:26:11 PM12/28/14
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)

On Sun, 28 Dec 2014, Mark Waite wrote:

> The gateway message being reported in that job's console output looks very
> similar to the message I see when I try to view the wiki from my web
> browser.

I've brought the wiki back online, it looks like a nice Sunday morning DoS
attack put Confluence in a bad state so it appeared to be online but was
actually offline.

signature.asc

Mark Waite

Dec 28, 2014, 8:29:27 PM12/28/14
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Thanks!
Mark Waite

Mark Waite

Dec 29, 2014, 2:52:38 PM12/29/14
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
The git-client-plugin 1.14.1 update is not yet available in the update center.  Is there something more that I need to do to assure it is processed?

Thanks,
Mark Waite

On Sunday, December 28, 2014 6:29:27 PM UTC-7, Mark Waite wrote:
Thanks!

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 6:25 PM, R. Tyler Croy <ty...@monkeypox.org> wrote:
(replies inline)

On Sun, 28 Dec 2014, Mark Waite wrote:

> The gateway message being reported in that job's console output looks very
> similar to the message I see when I try to view the wiki from my web
> browser.

I've brought the wiki back online, it looks like a nice Sunday morning DoS
attack put Confluence in a bad state so it appeared to be online but was
actually offline.

Thanks!
Mark Waite

Daniel Beck

Dec 29, 2014, 3:37:37 PM12/29/14
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, k...@kohsuke.org
Wait for Kohsuke to read his mail?

https://ci.jenkins-ci.org/job/infra_update_center_v3/341/console says:

> Exception in thread "main" java.security.cert.CertificateExpiredException: NotAfter: Tue Jan 27 16:04:07 EST 2015
> at sun.security.x509.CertificateValidity.valid(CertificateValidity.java:273)
> at sun.security.x509.X509CertImpl.checkValidity(X509CertImpl.java:587)
> at org.jvnet.hudson.update_center.Signer.getCertificateChain(Signer.java:188)
> at org.jvnet.hudson.update_center.Signer.sign(Signer.java:103)
> at org.jvnet.hudson.update_center.Main.buildUpdateCenterJson(Main.java:215)
> at org.jvnet.hudson.update_center.Main.run(Main.java:178)
> at org.jvnet.hudson.update_center.Main.run(Main.java:150)
> at org.jvnet.hudson.update_center.Main.main(Main.java:137)
> Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
> Sending e-mails to: k...@kohsuke.org

https://github.com/jenkinsci/backend-update-center2/blob/master/src/main/java/org/jvnet/hudson/update_center/Signer.java#L188

It looks like the cert used to sign the UC JSON metadata is only valid for another four weeks and this check fails.

On 29.12.2014, at 20:52, Mark Waite <mark.ea...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The git-client-plugin 1.14.1 update is not yet available in the update center. Is there something more that I need to do to assure it is processed?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Waite
>
> On Sunday, December 28, 2014 6:29:27 PM UTC-7, Mark Waite wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 6:25 PM, R. Tyler Croy <ty...@monkeypox.org> wrote:
> (replies inline)
>
> On Sun, 28 Dec 2014, Mark Waite wrote:
>
> > The gateway message being reported in that job's console output looks very
> > similar to the message I see when I try to view the wiki from my web
> > browser.
>
> I've brought the wiki back online, it looks like a nice Sunday morning DoS
> attack put Confluence in a bad state so it appeared to be online but was
> actually offline.
>

> --
>

> --
> Thanks!
> Mark Waite

Mark Waite

Jan 5, 2015, 10:54:58 AM1/5/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, k...@kohsuke.org, m...@beckweb.net

On Monday, December 29, 2014 1:37:37 PM UTC-7, Daniel Beck wrote:
Wait for Kohsuke to read his mail?

The update center is now showing the most recent version of the git-client-plugin (1.14.1).  Updates are working.

Thanks!
Mark Waite