Error when trying to resolve an issue in Jenkins' JIRA

Christoph Kutzinski

Oct 31, 2011, 1:33:35 PM10/31/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I get the following error when trying to resolve an issue.
Can an administrator have a look at it?

If this problem persists - please notify your JIRA administrator of this problem.

Otherwise, please create a support issue on our support system at http://support.atlassian.com with the following information:

a description of your problem
cut & paste the error and system information found below

Cause:
javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Stack Trace: [hide]

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:858)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:791)
at org.apache.jsp.secure.views.issue.commentassignissue_jsp._jspService(commentassignissue_jsp.java:163)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:374)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:342)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.IteratingFilterChain.doFilter(IteratingFilterChain.java:46)
at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.doFilter(ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.java:77)
at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.doFilter(ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.java:63)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
[...]

Christoph Kutzinski

Oct 31, 2011, 2:38:19 PM10/31/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Seems to be fixed, already.

Am 31.10.2011 18:33, schrieb Christoph Kutzinski:
> Hi,
>
> I get the following error when trying to resolve an issue.
> Can an administrator have a look at it?
>

> If this problem persists - please notify your JIRA administrator of this problem.
>
> Otherwise, please create a support issue on our support system at http://support.atlassian.com with the following information:
>
> a description of your problem

> cut& paste the error and system information found below

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Nov 1, 2011, 5:19:26 PM11/1/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Christoph Kutzinski

Eventually we've filed a support request to Atlassian about the memory
issue. For my own record, it's JSP-95456.

It's caused by a large number of webwork.util.Query instances kept in
memory (112K of them, totalling 150MB+ heap usage.)

So hopefully we can resolve the issue fundamentally.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi | CloudBees, Inc. | http://cloudbees.com/
Try Nectar, our professional version of Jenkins