Plugin installed but not shown in the job configuration

Rafael Ribeiro Rezende

Jun 22, 2015, 9:02:23 AM6/22/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

We are experiencing a strange behavior in a plugin we developed:
When we generate an .hpi and install the plugin manually via Jenkins interface (Upload Plugin in the Advanced tab of Plugin Manager), everything proceeds fine and the feature we created appears in the Job as a Build Step.

However, if we deploy it through our Jenkins plugin server (Nexus), the plugin is still installed as expected, but it does not appear in the Job configuration. We tried it with a clean installation of Jenkins, and we could confirm it appears in the list of Installed plugins, the same way as if it was installed manually.

Ideas?

Oleg Nenashev

Jul 5, 2015, 6:13:41 AM7/5/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
It should appear if it is a clean install and there's no other dynamic load limitations. Otherwise you may need to restart Jenkins to finish the plugin installation.

If the plugin does not appear after the restart, investigate Jenkins system logs