gerrit trigger integration

Jeremy

Jul 21, 2011, 7:15:46 PM7/21/11
to Jenkins Developers
We have been trying to get the gerrit trigger installed and
configured.

However when setting up the job if I create a test job and configure
git to point to the repository and kick off a build jenkins gits all
of the changes no problem

When I enable the gerrit trigger however and kick off a build manually
I see the following error.

Started by user jon...@foo.com
Checkout:workspace / /home/build/jobs/helloworldstage/workspace -
hudson.remoting.LocalChannel@71e001c8
Using strategy: Gerrit Trigger
Last Built Revision: Revision 05e9d9390caaaead857e767a76292f2abf64c47a
(origin/stage)
Checkout:workspace / /home/build/jobs/helloworldstage/workspace -
hudson.remoting.LocalChannel@71e001c8
Fetching changes from the remote Git repository
Fetching upstream changes from ssh://bu...@build01.foo.com:29418/helloworld
ERROR: Problem fetching from origin / origin - could be unavailable.
Continuing anyway
ERROR: Could not fetch from any repository
FATAL: Could not fetch from any repository
hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Could not fetch from any repository
at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM$2.invoke(GitSCM.java:852)
at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM$2.invoke(GitSCM.java:812)
at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:758)
at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:740)
at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.checkout(GitSCM.java:812)
at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1184)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild
$AbstractRunner.checkout(AbstractBuild.java:537)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.run(AbstractBuild.java:
425)
at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1376)
at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:
88)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:175)

Sandell, Robert

Jul 22, 2011, 8:22:40 AM7/22/11
to Jenkins Developers
Have you configured the git settings according to the wiki page? https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Gerrit+Trigger

BR
Robert "Bobby" Sandell
@Team Jenkins - Sony Ericsson

Jeremy Knapp

Jul 22, 2011, 10:26:22 AM7/22/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I was following these two documents.

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Gerrit+Trigger

http://www.infoq.com/articles/Gerrit-jenkins-hudson

I started to suspect that the repository was not working correctly.
However when I set the project to basically just git latest it will
grab the changes no problem.

Can you tell me what loggers I need to add if I want to see the gerrit
trigger logs in more detail? I set these two because it looked like
what was being set in source code SshConnection.class and
GerritHandler.class however I am not really seeing any diagnostics. :(

Thanks,

Jeremy

Sandell, Robert

Jul 25, 2011, 10:23:37 AM7/25/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
It is mostly the git plug-in that is involved when fetching the change and one class in the trigger named GerritTriggerBuildChooser, but unfortunately none of them provide any logging.
You could possibly get something if you enable the logs for Jenkins' Launcher, but I'm not sure even that provides any logging for you :(

The normal situation when this error occurs is that the refspec isn't provided correctly.

BR
Bobby