Developer documentation overhaul

Daniel Beck

Dec 6, 2016, 11:36:51 AM12/6/16
to Jenkins Developers
Hi everyone,

I've been working on and off (mostly off) on redoing the Jenkins developer documentation ('Extend Jenkins' in the wiki) for a while now.

I just posted my planned new structure for the developer documentation on the 'docs' list:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jenkinsci-docs/HEQXNzeKV-M

I'd appreciate feedback on this approach so I actually go in the right direction with this.

If you're interested in working with me on filling this with content, or in reviewing what others write, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Stephen Connolly

Dec 7, 2016, 2:37:55 PM12/7/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Looks ok. Plan to integrate the developer guides in SCM API and Branch API (plus I have one coming in Credentials API). I want to keep the primary source of that content in the respective project git repos master branch... in asciidoc... you can dance around with converters and sync if you want to!

Sent from my phone