Latest release of a plugin is not getting updated

Ivo Bellin Salarin

Oct 14, 2017, 4:01:13 PM10/14/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have published three versions now for the MSTest plugin (https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/MSTest+Plugin) in the last ten days, and the wiki page keeps showing the version released at the beginning of September as the latest available.

I haven't changed anything in the way I release a new version of the plugin: the latest release process has completed successfully, and uploaded the hpi to https://repo.jenkins-ci.org/releases/org/jvnet/hudson/plugins/mstest/0.23/mstest-0.23.hpi, along with the jar, the javadoc and so on. I have found no error in the logs.

On the documentation I read that the wiki should show the latest available version about eight hours after the release. I guess that the plugin manager of every Jenkins instance shows the version available on the wiki as the latest available, since a user emailed me asking about the availability of a fix I released about ten days ago..

Have I missed something?

Thanks in advance,
Ivo

Daniel Beck

Oct 14, 2017, 4:09:02 PM10/14/17
to Jenkins Developers

> On 14. Oct 2017, at 22:00, Ivo Bellin Salarin <ivo.bell...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have published three versions now for the MSTest plugin (https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/MSTest+Plugin) in the last ten days, and the wiki page keeps showing the version released at the beginning of September as the latest available.

The wiki is heavily cached to support the number of users accessing it, most notably the macro inserting the table might not update without wiki page changes. It will show the current version when a query parameter is added, e.g. https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/MSTest+Plugin?nocache

The canonical source of available plugin releases is https://updates.jenkins.io/update-center.actual.json -- everything else will lag behind at least a bit due to caching.

Ivo Bellin Salarin

Oct 16, 2017, 4:43:43 PM10/16/17
to Jenkins Developers