[GSoC 2016] - Status update

Oleg Nenashev

Mar 30, 2016, 12:55:23 PM3/30/16
to JenkinsCI Developers, Jenkins GSoC Mentors, Jenkins Google Summer of Code Organization Admins
Hi,

Thanks again to all students and mentors for your hard work during about ten office hours and dozens of other calls/chats!

Just a summary of the ongoing GSoC2016 activity:
  • We have successfully handled the student application period
  • We have got a bunch of proposals (mentors cannot disclose the number)
  • We have done the preliminary filtering of applications
  • Currently GSoC mentors and org. admins are working on the student project slot application (deadline - April 11th)
  • We are also looking for mentors.
    • Hot areas - Web UI improvements, Fingerprints, Docker stuff

TL;DR: Everything is going fine :)

Best regards, Oleg

Parth Sane

Mar 31, 2016, 2:42:30 AM3/31/16
to Jenkins Developers, jenkinsci-g...@googlegroups.com, jenkinsci...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oleg,
I was wondering when we(students) will know about our application results for GSoC 2016. I'm really looking forward to participate in GSoC 2016 if my proposal gets accepted!
Regards,
Parth Sane

Oleg Nenashev

Mar 31, 2016, 3:23:02 AM3/31/16
to Parth Sane, Jenkins Developers, Jenkins GSoC Mentors, Jenkins Google Summer of Code Organization Admins
Hello,

Every students (and actually everybody) is eligible to start contributing to the community at any moment. So you can start doing something in the area of your proposal anytime you want ;)

The GSoC project timeline is available here. Student application results will be known on April 22nd.

Best regards,
Oleg

martinda

Oct 20, 2016, 11:12:47 PM10/20/16
to Jenkins Developers, jenkinsci-g...@googlegroups.com, jenkinsci...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

The last GSoC 2016 event is the mentor summit on Oct 28-29-30. At the summit I will be presenting a lightning talk on the External Workspace Manager Plugin. The idea of the lightning talk is to emphasize on student achievement, not on pitching. The time limit is 180 seconds, and 6 slides. My draft slides are here and we're doing a dry-run at 15:30 UTC on Oct 21 on the jenkins hangout channel (sorry for the short notice about the dry-run, but I will consider feedback until next week). Feel free to join and/or provide feedback.

Best Regards,
Martin d'A.