builds on ci.jenkins-ci.org

domi

May 8, 2011, 10:54:04 AM5/8/11
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

I noticed that many plugin jobs running at http://ci.jenkins-ci.org fail with the exact same error:

FATAL: cannot assign instance of hudson.EnvVars to field hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM$2.val$environment of type hudson.EnvVars in instance of hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM$2
java.lang.ClassCastException: cannot assign instance of hudson.EnvVars to field hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM$2.val$environment of type hudson.EnvVars in instance of hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM$2
	at java.io.ObjectStreamClass$FieldReflector.setObjFieldValues(ObjectStreamClass.java:2056)
	at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.setObjFieldValues(ObjectStreamClass.java:1229)

Also interesting to note: the log says that all these builds got "Started by an SCM change" but locking at the change set, its not true for any of these...

Here some jobs I found to have the same issue:

regards Domi

Olivier Lamy

May 9, 2011, 3:33:37 AM5/9/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Nord, James

May 9, 2011, 4:39:08 AM5/9/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Not the same in any way as that below but there is also https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-9566 so it would appear the build that it's running isn't a very good one.

/James

?

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postm...@nds.com and delete it from your system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored by NDS for employment and security purposes. To protect the environment please do not print this e-mail unless necessary.

NDS Limited. Registered Office: One London Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4EX, United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales. Registered no. 3080780. VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

May 10, 2011, 7:52:09 PM5/10/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Olivier Lamy

Looking at the build history, this seems like a problem just on this slave:

http://ci.jenkins-ci.org/computer/remote-slave-2/builds

I wonder somehow this slave is falling behind in the slave.jar version,
although I'm not entirely sure how this happens.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi | CloudBees, Inc. | http://cloudbees.com/

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

May 10, 2011, 8:11:21 PM5/10/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Olivier Lamy

Looks like it's related to incorrect reference counting on exported
classloader, causing duplicate classes (but on different classloaders)
to be loaded, resulting in this kind of weird ClassCastException.

Still digging further why this happens...

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

May 10, 2011, 9:38:47 PM5/10/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Olivier Lamy

This is indeed the same issue as
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-9017, and I'm happy to
report that I think I've fixed this problem toward 1.413.

Andrew Bayer

May 10, 2011, 9:44:47 PM5/10/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Olivier Lamy
Hooray for dogfooding! =)