Problem releasing updated plugin to Jenkins

Brad Larson

Feb 3, 2011, 7:39:01 PM2/3/11
to Jenkins Developers
Hi! I'm trying to push out a new version of my plugin, which is
hosted at https://github.com/jenkinsci/Hudson-Priority-Sorter-Plugin.
'mvn release:prepare' went fine once I updated the pom to point to the
new repository locations. 'mvn release:perform' is failing:

[INFO] [INFO] [deploy:deploy {execution: default-deploy}]
[INFO] [INFO]
[INFO] [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] [INFO]
[INFO] [INFO] Error deploying artifact: Connection failed: Unable to
connect to https://svn.dev.java.net/svn/maven2-repository/trunk/repository/
[INFO]
[INFO] svn: authentication cancelled
[INFO] [INFO]
[INFO] [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
[INFO] [INFO]
[INFO] [INFO] Total time: 25 seconds
[INFO] [INFO] Finished at: Thu Feb 03 18:33:44 CST 2011
[INFO] [INFO] Final Memory: 56M/201M
[INFO] [INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Maven execution failed, exit code: '1'

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 36 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Feb 03 18:33:45 CST 2011
[INFO] Final Memory: 25M/196M
[INFO]

Are we ready for developers to push new versions of their plugins at
this time? Do I need to update anything to push a new version of my
plugin?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Brad

Timothy Bingaman

Feb 3, 2011, 7:57:46 PM2/3/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I just did a plugin release yesterday and I had to add the following section to my pom.xml to deploy to the alternate repo.

  <distributionManagement>
    <repository>
      <id>java.net-m2-repository</id>
    </repository>
  </distributionManagement>

And then add your jenkins-ci.org account credentials into your ~/.m2/settings.xml file:

<settings>
  <servers>
    <server>
      <id>java.net-m2-repository</id>
      <username>username</username>
      <password>password</password>
    </server>
  </servers>
</settings>

It worked, and my plugin showed up in the update site today.

Hope that helps!
Timo
--
Timothy Bingaman
Software Engineer, Open Cloud NZ Ltd

Brad Larson

Feb 3, 2011, 10:35:31 PM2/3/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Timo! That got me farther, but still have a deploy error:

[INFO] [INFO] [deploy:deploy {execution: default-deploy}]

[INFO] Uploading:
http://maven.jenkins-ci.org:8081/content/repositories/releases//hudson/queueSorter/PrioritySorter/1.2/PrioritySorter-1.2.hpi
[INFO] 4/12K
[INFO] 8/12K
[INFO] 12/12K
[INFO] 12/12K

[INFO] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] [INFO] Error deploying artifact: Failed to transfer file:
http://maven.jenkins-ci.org:8081/content/repositories/releases/hudson/queueSorter/PrioritySorter/1.2/PrioritySorter-1.2.hpi.
Return code is: 401
[INFO]

[INFO] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
[INFO] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] [INFO] Total time: 21 seconds
[INFO] [INFO] Finished at: Thu Feb 03 21:31:01 CST 2011
[INFO] [INFO] Final Memory: 55M/216M
[INFO] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Brad

Timothy Bingaman

Feb 3, 2011, 11:18:45 PM2/3/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
That indicates that your credentials are incorrect I think.

Double-check your ~/.m2/settings.xml file has the right credentials for that server id.

make sure the server id matched the one in your pom.xml distribution section and that your username/password are correct.  I *believe* they should be the jenkins-ci ones, not the java.net ones.  You can check/reset/change your password here http://jenkins-ci.org/account (assuming that that is the account the maven repo is using to authenticate you...)

Sorry I can't be more definite... would be great to hear from one of the guys managing the new jenkins infrastructure regarding this... hint hint... anyone? ;-)

-Timo

Mirko Friedenhagen

Feb 4, 2011, 3:17:51 PM2/4/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Same here, I get a 401 using the new JenkinsCI or the old java.net credentials.

Regards
Mirko

--
http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com/
https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/

Slide

Feb 4, 2011, 3:22:11 PM2/4/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

I had to go in an reset my password twice for some reason.

Mirko Friedenhagen

Feb 4, 2011, 4:10:48 PM2/4/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

I succeeded accessing http://jenkins-ci.org/account, sending me a
temporary password and afterwards setting a new one, which allows
access to JIRA and confluence, however deploying to the maven-repo
still gets me the following:

[INFO] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.5:deploy
(default-deploy) on project jswidgets: Failed to deploy artifacts:
Could not transfer artifact org.jvnet.hudson.plugins:jswidgets:hpi:1.7
from/to java.net-m2-repository
(http://maven.jenkins-ci.org:8081/content/repositories/releases/):
Failed to transfer file:
http://maven.jenkins-ci.org:8081/content/repositories/releases/org/jvnet/hudson/plugins/jswidgets/1.7/jswidgets-1.7.hpi.
Return code is: 401 -> [Help 1]

Regards
Mirko

Vojtech Juranek

Feb 7, 2011, 5:12:14 AM2/7/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm not ble to release plugin because of "unable to log in as user vjuranek"
(complete exception bellow). I'm able to log in into jenkins nexus
(maven.jenkins-ci.org:8081) via browser (copy&paste login and passwd from
~/.m2/settings.xml). Any idea, what I'm doing wrong or where is the problem?
Thanks
Vojtech

[INFO] [INFO] [hpi:upload]
[INFO] org.kohsuke.jnt.ProcessingException: unable to log in as user vjuranek
Fatal error
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Read timed out
[INFO] at org.kohsuke.jnt.Scraper.run(Scraper.java:39)
[INFO] at org.kohsuke.jnt.JavaNet.login(JavaNet.java:88)
[INFO] at org.kohsuke.jnt.JavaNet.connect(JavaNet.java:148)
[INFO] at org.kohsuke.jnt.JavaNet.connect(JavaNet.java:114)
[INFO] at
org.jvnet.hudson.maven.plugins.hpi.AbstractJavaNetMojo.connect(AbstractJavaNetMojo.java:36)
[INFO] at
org.jvnet.hudson.maven.plugins.hpi.UploadMojo.execute(UploadMojo.java:40)
[INFO] at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:453)
[INFO] at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)
[INFO] at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:513)
[INFO] at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:483)
[INFO] at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:331)
[INFO] at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:292)
[INFO] at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
[INFO] at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
[INFO] at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
[INFO] at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:301)
[INFO] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[INFO] at
[INFO] at
[INFO] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
[INFO] at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
[INFO] at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
[INFO] at
[INFO] at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
[INFO] Caused by: org.kohsuke.jnt.ProcessingException: Fatal error
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Read timed out
[INFO] at org.kohsuke.jnt.JNObject.checkError(JNObject.java:49)
[INFO] at org.kohsuke.jnt.JavaNet$1.scrape(JavaNet.java:95)
[INFO] at org.kohsuke.jnt.Scraper.run(Scraper.java:29)
[INFO] ... 23 more

[INFO] [INFO]
[INFO] [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] [INFO]

[INFO] [INFO] Failed to upload the artifact
[INFO]
[INFO] Embedded error: unable to log in as user vjuranek Fatal error
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Read timed out

[INFO] [INFO]
[INFO] [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
[INFO] [INFO]

[INFO] [INFO] Total time: 1 minute 31 seconds
[INFO] [INFO] Finished at: Mon Feb 07 11:02:55 CET 2011
[INFO] [INFO] Final Memory: 58M/662M

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Feb 7, 2011, 9:07:32 PM2/7/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Vojtech Juranek

See
http://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Hosting+Plugins#HostingPlugins-PreparePOMforrelease

I think you need to follow the "Override the maven release plugin
configuration" part.

The stack trace indicates that your Maven is hitting the old java.net to
post a release announcement. The feature no longer exists, and as such
it fails.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi | CloudBees, Inc. | http://cloudbees.com/

Vojtech Juranek

Feb 8, 2011, 7:56:23 AM2/8/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
thanks! and sorry for not reading wiki carefully first (in fact I was missing
maven-release-plugin, now it works fine)