Need plugin to contribute its data to environment in every build (novice)

Brian Sayatovic

Aug 28, 2015, 11:19:23 AM8/28/15
to Jenkins Developers
Disclaimer: I'm a novice plugin developer.  I've made two.  And I';m not even sure how proper they are.

I have one that extends Builder.  It allows jobs to have a Build Action where the job configuration has picked one of N things to do (e.g. increment a value, decrement a value, etc.).  The value is stored as a JobProperty and injected into the environment.

But I have some cases where I don't need to do one of those things, but I still want the JobProperty to be injected into the environment.  These jobs wouldn't have my build action added a s step.

Is there another facet of plugins I can leverage that would allow be to always inject my JobProperty as an environment variable?  I thought maybe a BuildWrapper, but I wasn't sure if that was the best approach.

Jesse Glick

Aug 28, 2015, 2:44:38 PM8/28/15
to Jenkins Dev
On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Brian Sayatovic <tr...@trinition.org> wrote:
> Is there another facet of plugins I can leverage that would allow be to
> always inject my JobProperty as an environment variable?

EnvironmentContributor