Quoting ArgumentListBuilder addQuoted(""). Fails to run on unix.

Joseph P

Oct 17, 2016, 2:38:56 PM10/17/16
to Jenkins Developers
Hi

I have a login command which accepts no password by "" or ''
Command execute fine on Windows.

This is how the ProcStarter gets going.
ProcStarter starter = launcher.launch().cmds(command);

The command is: /Applications/AccuRev/bin/accurev login josp ""
Or: "C:\Program Files\AccuRev\bin\accurev.exe" login josp ""

I have tried different escaping but nothing has worked.
7, 5, 3, 2 back slashes. backticks... single quoting. etc.
Also tried StringEscapeUtils, even .cmdAsSingleString

Any ideas would be appreciated why Java/Unix is eating my quotes.

Files in question:

Daniel Beck

Oct 18, 2016, 7:16:00 AM10/18/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
This is not where you report bugs.

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/How+to+report+an+issue

Joseph P

Oct 18, 2016, 9:16:02 AM10/18/16
to Jenkins Developers, m...@beckweb.net
I'd be happy to report a issue. Was thinking someone here had experience with escaping it properly before creating an issue.

Joseph P

Oct 18, 2016, 9:41:48 AM10/18/16
to Jenkins Developers