Regression job for ruby test cases

Sulabha thube

Oct 19, 2016, 2:08:16 PM10/19/16
to Jenkins Developers, Sulbha Shivanand Thube
Hi

I am trying to setup a regression job for Ruby UI tests scripts
while execution i am uploading an image file which is present in my github repository
i am capturing  an absolute path from relative path by filesToupload1=File.absolute_path("./features/Pages/Images/MobileMB.jpg")
result for this is /var/opt/jenkins/workspace/DocUploadHooru/features/Pages/Images/MobileMB.jpg

and still i am getting error unknown error: path is not absolute:

i also tried @browser.file_field(:id,"file1").set(File.expand_path('.') +'/features/Pages/Images/MobileMF.jpg')
it gives the same error unknown error: path is not absolute

can someone help me to resolve this issue

Thank you ,
Sulbha

Rachel Moreno

Oct 21, 2016, 8:42:50 AM10/21/16
to Jenkins Developers, sulbhashiv...@capitalone.com
Hi Sulbna,

What are you using for executing tests? Maybe Selenium?

It seems test server can't use Jenkins server paths.

Best regards,
Rachel

Sulabha thube

Oct 21, 2016, 9:47:56 AM10/21/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, sulbhashiv...@capitalone.com

Hi Rachel ,

Thank you for your reply

I am using Watir webdriver from Ruby.

I can user other webdriver if it accepts such path

Any suggestions ?

Thank you ,

Sulbha

Sent from my iPhone

Rachel Moreno

Oct 21, 2016, 10:17:01 AM10/21/16
to Jenkins Developers, sulbhashiv...@capitalone.com
Hi,

I think it's not a Jenkins problem. Have you tried to execute it outside Jenkins?

I'd suggest looking for solution in test forums. Environment in which test server is executed differs from local server.

I hope be useful.

Best regards,
Rachel

Sulabha thube

Oct 21, 2016, 10:30:13 AM10/21/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Yes it works from local

I tried various paths but it isn't taking it ,

Yes I will post on forums ,
Thank you Rachel

Sent from my iPhone