Looking for maintainer for Accurev plugin project

Scott Tatum

Apr 25, 2016, 10:43:06 AM4/25/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I was at one point the maintainer for the Accurev project, several years ago. I only got to do a release or two, and then I changed jobs and stopped using Accurev, since my new employer was using git for everything. At the time, there wasn't really anyone to transfer to the project to, and since I wasn't working on it any more, I became uninvolved and stopped checking mailing lists, etc. The recent password reset issue brought me back here, and made me realize I am still attached to many of the Jira issues.

I am sorry to the folks that have tried to contact me in the past, seeing that my name was on the issues in Jira. I should have removed myself as the maintainer long ago. At this point I am definitely not the person to pick this back up. I have long since left the world of Accurev.

It looks like a couple of folks have tried to do some work on the project. Is there anyone out there that is currently using Accurev and wants to be the maintainer now? I would warn you that the codebase is very old and probably needs a complete rewrite. I inherited it myself and never really had the time to commit to a rewrite, and that was 4+ years ago. But, Accurev does have a very good CLI interface that the plugin uses for everything, or at least, it did back when I used it.

Let me know if you'd like to take ownership of this and I'll transfer any Jira issues to you, and whatever else may need to be done.

-Scott

Baptiste Mathus

Apr 25, 2016, 3:52:36 PM4/25/16
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Scott,

I've just marked your plugin wiki page as "to be adopted".

Cheers

Scott Tatum

Apr 26, 2016, 2:40:13 PM4/26/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I'll change the Jira tasks I have assigned to me to be unassigned, so as not to cause any more confusion. If someone else picks up the torch later, they can decide what to do then.

-Scott

-Scott

Baptiste Mathus

Apr 26, 2016, 2:47:56 PM4/26/16
to Jenkins Developers

Don't bother. IIRC I should be able to batch-unassign them all from you.

Arno Moonen

Jul 22, 2016, 8:47:27 AM7/22/16
to Jenkins Developers
I'm currently working for a client that uses AccuRev and I've just put in a PR for a change.
Since there is no maintainer at the moment, I reckon I can wait for a very long time before this will be accepted.
I'm at this client for at least the rest of the year (might even be extended longer).

During this period, I am willing to invest some time into the AccuRev plug-in (both for development and maintaining it).
However, it is not very clear to me what the responsibilities of a plugin maintainer are (the Adopt a Plugin wiki page mentions that the documentation on plugin maintainership should be read, but there is no link to this information).
If I can commit to these responsibilities, I'm happy to be the new maintainer for this plugin.

Kind regards,
Arno Moonen

Baptiste Mathus

Aug 10, 2016, 9:41:48 AM8/10/16
to Jenkins Developers
Hello Arno,

Becoming a maintainer only requires the maintainer to try and commit to maintain the plugin during a unspecified period of time :). No more no less.

More seriously, you invest the time you can. In general, it's obviously a good idea to try and improve the current state when taking over an existing plugin, but not required. (meaning: processing open pull requests, open issues, and so on. At least, try and comment on them). It's also generally advised to follow the dev list, to see if there're news about infra and so on.

So, if you wanna and can give some time for it, that's great! Thanks for that.

If you still want to give it a go, please provide your github id + jenkins one, and we'll set you up.

Thanks!