Require Hosting for Grafana plugin

Mayank Saini

Jun 29, 2015, 2:56:25 AM6/29/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, mayan...@tk20.com
Hi,

I've made a plugin for embedding Grafana Dashboards under builds as well as Generating Grafana graphs from Jenkins UI after embedding the URL of Grafana hosted server as a Side link in Jenkins UI using Job Configuration and Build enviornment.

My information:
- Github plugin name: embed-grafana-graph
- Personal Github ID: mayanksainitk20

This Plugin will embed Grafana link in Jenkins UI Side links on Job Page as well as on Build page from where a user can directly generate graphs of Grafana from Jenkins UI.
After Generating the Graphs the user can save the dashoard and give the name of dashboard similar to the name of Jenkins Build name
So that if user want to look at dashboard he can directly view the saved dashboard in Jenkins UI after clicking on Build link and then the link configured for Grafana

Best regards,
Mayank

Mayank Saini

Jun 29, 2015, 1:34:03 PM6/29/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, mayan...@tk20.com
My Jenkins CI username is mayanksainitk20

Daniel Beck

Jun 29, 2015, 2:09:40 PM6/29/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Please make sure you change everything that could introduce side effects for users of the Sidebar Link Plugin. E.g.

https://github.com/MayankSainiTk20/embed-grafana-graph/blob/master/src/main/resources/org/jenkinsci/plugins/buildlinkplugin/links.jelly

has a CSS class 'sidebar_link' that may interact with the other plugin. And while you changed the package, the package and class names of

https://github.com/MayankSainiTk20/embed-grafana-graph/blob/master/src/main/java/org/jenkinsci/plugins/buildlinkplugin/SidebarLinkPlugin.java

would just confuse users when they encounter problems and see this in a stack trace. It's helpful to change package/class names so it's clear which plugin they belong to.

Mayank Saini

Jun 30, 2015, 2:03:59 PM6/30/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel

I did the required changes and updated the Github with the new package and java files. Please let me know if you anything need to be change over there.

Thanks
Mayank

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/F7CB912B-B593-46DC-B355-D22BDC570E8D%40beckweb.net.

Mayank Saini

Jul 1, 2015, 10:59:46 AM7/1/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I did the changes in jelly files too and completely updated the project

Best Regards
Mayank

Daniel Beck

Jul 3, 2015, 10:40:15 AM7/3/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I forked the plugin into jenkinsci:
https://github.com/jenkinsci/embed-grafana-graph-plugin

Welcome aboard!

Remember to fix the pom.xml to include SCM information, and a <url> link to the plugin wiki page, otherwise it won't be published on the update center.

Please also tell us your jenkins-ci.org user name, so we can create an issue tracker component for you on issues.jenkins-ci.org.

BTW, help-project.html needs to be fixed.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CADQ8PkLU%3D7b78%2BzF8Tc5V6%3DkCnZueiGNLe4N9%3D9oKdoHDA1Opw%40mail.gmail.com.

Mayank Saini

Jul 3, 2015, 1:54:05 PM7/3/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel

My  jenkins-ci.org user name is mayanksainitk20 and I will take care of the above mentioned point.

Best Regards
Mayank

Mayank Saini

Jul 3, 2015, 2:48:55 PM7/3/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel

I did all the changes and added scm,wiki url in pom.xml as well as modified help-project.html is also changed and commited on Github

Best Regards
Mayank

Daniel Beck

Jul 3, 2015, 9:04:45 PM7/3/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

On 03.07.2015, at 19:54, Mayank Saini <mayanksai...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My jenkins-ci.org user name is mayanksainitk20

That user does not exist. Typo?

Mayank Saini

Jul 4, 2015, 12:22:35 PM7/4/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com