Commit access to vstestrunner-plugin

Erik Goughnour

Sep 25, 2017, 1:04:12 AM9/25/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hello All,

Can I get access to vstestrunner-plugin?

I have submitted two issues and opened a pull request to fix them.

I do have an interest in making sure the plugin works.

I set up Jenkins jobs pretty frequently and it's difficult to run and track .NET tests without it.

Thanks,

Erik

Daniel Beck

Sep 25, 2017, 1:30:28 AM9/25/17
to Jenkins Developers

> On 25. Sep 2017, at 01:39, Erik Goughnour <e.gou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can I get access to vstestrunner-plugin?

Please make sure to include the current/previous maintainers in this request to give them a chance to respond, if they're still around.

It doesn't look like there's a lot going on with the plugin, but still.

Erik Goughnour

Sep 25, 2017, 11:56:39 AM9/25/17
to Jenkins Developers
That would be @yasu-s.

Erik Goughnour

Sep 29, 2017, 8:58:29 AM9/29/17
to Jenkins Developers
I forwarded this thread to Yasu as of a few days ago.

[I have to pause here and admit I am not incredibly familiar with Google Groups.]

Is there a better way to solicit a response?

Baptiste Mathus

Oct 3, 2017, 3:35:47 PM10/3/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,

Basically we require a best effort to contact previous maintainer. Please follow https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Adopt+a+Plugin#AdoptaPlugin-Requestcommitaccess

Try to ping the maintainer by adding her/him in CC of this very thread (hint: emails are generally attached to commit with Git, so just use your local clone and use git log).
If you're able to show some discussions on GitHub with current maintainer(s) that can also work.
Just try to provide the necessary data and put yourself in our shoes: for now, you only said you would like to get commit rights, and tried to contact the maintainer, but no actual track of this was given anywhere.

For obvious reasons, we don't want to hand over maintenance of a given plugin to someone without making best effort to get feedback from the current maintainer(s), paying basic respect for the time spent.

That does not mean we don't welcome your help, we're grateful you want to take the baton :). Let's just do that in a clean way so that everybody is happy.

Thanks

-- Baptiste

Erik Goughnour

Oct 3, 2017, 6:56:19 PM10/3/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, yasuyuki....@gmail.com
Yasu is CC’d now.   The user email listed in GitHub matches the last git log entry’s email.
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANWgJS4wCnOnMWx8d-MvBY66Y6ArQ_AuFj6Ksp9iPTg%3DtK7qdA%40mail.gmail.com.

Erik Goughnour

Oct 4, 2017, 10:34:26 AM10/4/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, yasuyuki....@gmail.com

斎藤ヤスユキ様

始めまして。ところでお名前の漢字はどう書きますか?これ突然のメールで申し訳ないです。そしてほんとうに宜しく御願いします。

            御返事を待ちしております。

                             Erik Goughnour

Erik Goughnour

Oct 5, 2017, 10:17:43 AM10/5/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, yasuyuki....@gmail.com
Requesting commit access again.

Surely the touchstones are all giving favorable indications by now.

Elapsed time, respect, courtesy, required information, multiple attempts to contact—was there anything else?

Thanks,
Erik

Baptiste Mathus

Oct 5, 2017, 11:12:41 AM10/5/17
to Jenkins Developers, yasuyuki....@gmail.com
Well, technically if you read the link I provided, we would usually wait again ~13 days, given IIUC you've CCed Yasu yesterday (?).

Erik Goughnour

Oct 5, 2017, 12:40:09 PM10/5/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, yasuyuki....@gmail.com
 I did read the link.  I had actually read it (along with quite a bit of the rest of the documentation) before I created the PR that I was trying to merge.  There is evidence of this. Notice I tagged the PR per the documentation and that was 11 days ago.

The first message I forwarded to Yasu from the thread was 9 or 10 days ago. The lack of response was what eventually prompted my third post on the 29th.

I had thought the absence of recent activity might have allowed for a shorter timeline.

Of course I can wait for whatever length of time seems best.  If this simply has to be tabled until 17 or 18 October that’s fine.  Let me know what you think.

Erik Goughnour

Oct 17, 2017, 1:39:01 AM10/17/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, yasuyuki....@gmail.com
Picking this back up again.  Would it still be premature to request commit access?

Erik Goughnour

Oct 18, 2017, 8:04:39 AM10/18/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, yasuyuki....@gmail.com
Requesting commit access.  By anyone’s count this has now been a sufficient wait.

Daniel Beck

Oct 20, 2017, 7:38:36 AM10/20/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, yasuyuki....@gmail.com

> On 5. Oct 2017, at 18:40, Erik Goughnour <e.gou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I did read the link. I had actually read it (along with quite a bit of the rest of the documentation) before I created the PR that I was trying to merge. There is evidence of this. Notice I tagged the PR per the documentation and that was 11 days ago.
>
> The first message I forwarded to Yasu from the thread was 9 or 10 days ago. The lack of response was what eventually prompted my third post on the 29th.
>
> I had thought the absence of recent activity might have allowed for a shorter timeline.
>
> Of course I can wait for whatever length of time seems best. If this simply has to be tabled until 17 or 18 October that’s fine. Let me know what you think.

Erik,

I granted you commit access.

Ideally you'll take over maintainership of this plugin, as it appears unmaintained.

To get release permission, file a PR at https://github.com/jenkins-infra/repository-permissions-updater/ as described in its README.

Daniel

Erik Goughnour

Oct 20, 2017, 6:40:41 PM10/20/17