HockeyApp plugin maintainers

Mez Pahlan

Apr 17, 2018, 3:53:35 PM4/17/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hello Jenkins Devs!

I'm interested in contributing to the HockeyApp plugin and want to reach out to the plugin maintainers to see if they can help resolve some PRs. My immediate interest is in the PR#48 that I have raised but I also notice that there are a number of outstanding PRs that have not progressed - some for over a year.

Oleg Nenashev has been kind enough to help me with my PR and ping the current maintainers but I want to try on here as well.

ping [brantone - Brenton Barte, dkochetkov - Denis Kochetkov, ohoeltke - Oliver Hoeltke]

In the future, I would like to raise more PRs so want to be sure they can be progressed. I'd be happy to become a maintainer too but would probably need some help and guidance on that as I have not done that before.

Cheers!

Mez

Oleg Nenashev

Apr 17, 2018, 4:32:48 PM4/17/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Mez,

We have a process for abandoned plugins ownership handover (2 weeks after the explicit request and ping of maintainers). More info

If you are interested to take ownership of the plugin, the next step would be to sent them a direct email (see their JIRA profiles). After that we could start countdown and transfer ownership if there is no response. Brantone seems to be active in GitHub though, so hopefully you will get a response earlier.

Hopefully it helps,
Oleg

Mez Pahlan

Apr 19, 2018, 3:49:05 AM4/19/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Oleg

Thank you, you've been great! I'll wait for a reply on Github for two weeks and then kick off the explicit request after that. Hopefully that will give everyone enough time without rushing.

Mez

Daniel Beck

Apr 19, 2018, 6:49:41 AM4/19/18
to Jenkins Developers
Please make sure to reach out to the maintainers via email as well (CCing them in a response to this thread). Automated notifications are too easy to miss.

Mez Pahlan

Apr 21, 2018, 4:44:00 PM4/21/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, bran...@letrabb.com, dkoch...@parallels.com, o.ho...@hoeltke-consult.de
Cc'ing the maintainers.

Hello maintainers, could you give me your thoughts on this thread please.

Thanks.

Mez Pahlan

May 1, 2018, 4:23:58 AM5/1/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Brenton Bartel, dkoch...@parallels.com, o.ho...@hoeltke-consult.de
Trying one last time to reach the existing plugin maintainers.

Hello could you review this thread please and give me your thoughts on the existing PRs please.

Thanks

Oleg Nenashev

May 1, 2018, 4:43:19 AM5/1/18
to JenkinsCI Developers, Brenton Bartel, dkoch...@parallels.com, o.ho...@hoeltke-consult.de
Responded to the PR.
IIUC we have 4 days before the response timeout, right?

Mez Pahlan

May 2, 2018, 1:31:05 AM5/2/18
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks for the comments on the PR. It's looking a lot better already!

Yes, four more days and I will then ask officially to be a maintainer - and then another two weeks until that goes through. I think that would be plenty of time to give the existing maintainers a chance.

Mez