Connecting software development tools to an e-learning platform

Jülide Dursun

Apr 24, 2017, 3:52:46 AM4/24/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jenkins developers,

I hope you can help me. I am working on my bachelor thesis right now. Topic is: Connecting software development tools to an e-learning platform.

The e-learning platform in this case is Moodle. The software development tool is Jenkins.

I have to make following scenario true:
Moodle-participant is taking a course in moodle for learning Jenkins. After watching the introduction slides, he has to do a task in Jenkins.
Problem is: How does the moodle-trainer know that the task in the external tool Jenkins has been completed?

Is it possible to make a connection between the e-larning platform moodle and the software jenkins?

Which signals can Jenkins send? Maybe it is possible to check wether the task is done inside of Jenkins and if the task is done, there can be sent a mail to the moodle-trainer through jenkins?

I hope that my question is clear. I really don't know what to do and hope I'll get support.

Greetings
Jüli

Christopher Orr

Apr 25, 2017, 5:10:59 AM4/25/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
You asked this same question a few days ago and got some answers pretty
quickly:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/jenkinsci-dev/I45iPY9olzk/Yv-m7f4-BgAJ

Oleg Nenashev

Apr 25, 2017, 5:47:39 AM4/25/17
to Jenkins Developers
Yes, creating a new thread without responding to the previous one does not seem to be a good approach.