Docker volume do not work as expected when used from shell script

Abhijit Vaidya

Dec 7, 2016, 11:50:45 PM12/7/16
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Experts,

I am trying to run docker command from jenkins.
docker run --rm -t -v /extdisk/jenkins/workspace/TEST-BUILD-DOCKER-TEST/test-build/branchfile:/workspace/branchfile -v /extdisk:/extdrv test-build:1.3

As we know jenkins behavior, it creates a shell script of whatever commands provided in execute shell option. So when it tried to run above command, -v option doesnt work inside container

"cat: /workspace/branchfile: Is a directory"

but when I hit same command from docker host, it works like a charm

any help on this issue?

Thanks

Abhijit

Abhijit Vaidya