Possible Workflow Multibranch Plugin change

Justin Harringa

Sep 23, 2016, 10:36:30 PM9/23/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

  I want to look for a different file name than Jenkinsfile and then derive a Jenkinsfile from that file. I am wondering if it'd be kosher to submit a pull request to make a couple of things in this plugin more extensible to write a plugin. A couple of things that I'd essentially do would be to make the SCRIPT constant a variable that could be populated and then generate a CpsScmFlowDefinition in a different way than SCMBinder does currently (to derive the CpsScmFlowDefinition).

  Does this seem like an acceptable contribution?

Cheers!

Justin

Jesse Glick

Sep 26, 2016, 11:37:45 AM9/26/16
to Jenkins Dev
On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 10:36 PM, Justin Harringa
<justin....@gmail.com> wrote:
> make a couple of things in this plugin more extensible to
> write a plugin.

Would probably suffice to extract the main logic of `SCMBinder` into
an `abstract` supertype, though it is pretty short as it stands so you
could probably just copy & modify it without much loss.