Parameters Node Selection

keyboard.operator

May 7, 2011, 9:41:55 PM5/7/11
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a plugin to create a parameter that will
be appended to the "Label Expression" that Jenkins uses to select
which node a job runs on? I couldn't find a plugin like this, and was
thinking about writing one, but I wanted to ask around before jumping
in. We have a few nodes which each have different versions of the
build environment. I would like to switch which node builds a project
using a parameter instead of multiple jobs.

If something like this doesn't exist, does anyone have some pointers
on where to get started or potential gotchas for this kind of plugin?

Thanks,
--Robert

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

May 9, 2011, 8:52:13 PM5/9/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, keyboard.operator

Ah, that's interesting! I don't think there is a plugin to do that.

I think it's relatively easy to further restrict on where the job is
configured to run --- I improved QueueTaskDispatcher toward 1.413 so
that you can access ParametersAction from BuildableItem, then consult
your own ParameterValue to determine whether to enable execution on a
specific node or not.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi | CloudBees, Inc. | http://cloudbees.com/