Plugin installation stats broken?

Martin Weber

Feb 8, 2016, 2:55:03 PM2/8/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just noticed the number of installations of my dropped from 1400 to 422

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/cmakebuilder+Plugin

Same decrease can be seen with other plugins.
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Ivy+Plugin
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Git+Plugin

Whas there a change in the stats collector?

Martin
--
Cd wrttn wtht vwls s mch trsr.

Jan Molak

Feb 8, 2016, 3:01:28 PM2/8/16
to Jenkins Developers
Yeah, same with the Build Monitor and all the other plugins

As well as the Jenkins installation trend itself:

Jan

R. Tyler Croy

Feb 8, 2016, 3:08:00 PM2/8/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)

On Mon, 08 Feb 2016, Martin Weber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just noticed the number of installations of my dropped from 1400 to 422
>
> https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/cmakebuilder+Plugin
>
> Same decrease can be seen with other plugins.
> https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Ivy+Plugin
> https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Git+Plugin
>
> Whas there a change in the stats collector?

Fear not! Reported and a fix is already churning through

https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/INFRA-558

- R. Tyler Croy

Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>

% gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 3F51E16F
signature.asc

Baptiste Mathus

Feb 8, 2016, 3:08:30 PM2/8/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
There was an email about that on the users ML

Jan Molak

Apr 1, 2016, 2:34:40 PM4/1/16
to Jenkins Developers
Looks like the wiki stats are broken again:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Git+Plugin

I've commented on https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/INFRA-558
Is that the best ticket to use for this issue?

Best,

Jan

Andrew Bayer

Apr 1, 2016, 3:04:47 PM4/1/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
The numbers are going to look lower than they should for a while - due to https://jenkins.io/blog/2016/03/30/usage-statistics-privacy-advisory/, Jenkins instances of releases 1.645 through 1.652 (and LTS releases 1.642.2 and 1.642.3) will never show up in the usage stats, so we won't have any data on the plugin install count, etc, for instances running those releases.

A.

Jan Molak

Apr 1, 2016, 6:45:00 PM4/1/16
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks for pointing me to that privacy advisory, Andrew.

Best,