Maintainer request Gitlab Plugin

Posa Bogdan

Jan 4, 2017, 5:39:35 AM1/4/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,
I want to become a maintainer of GitLab plugin -> https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/GitLab+Plugin

GitHub ID: trance1st
Jenkins ID: posabogdan

Kind regards,
Bogdan Posa

Owen Mehegan

Jan 4, 2017, 5:15:28 PM1/4/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your interest! I have given you commit access. Please use it carefully :) Our practice thus far has been to make minor bugfix changes directly to master, but any more significant feature work in branches with a PR for discussion before merging.

I have just caught up on a lot of the open issues and PRs, and did a release. If you want to discuss anything with me, the best place would be either via email here or in the #gitlab-plugin channel on Freenode IRC.

Welcome aboard!

Posa Bogdan

Jan 10, 2017, 3:57:56 PM1/10/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,

Thanks for accepting me.
How can I have access to the Jenkins instance which builds the plugin
https://jenkins.ci.cloudbees.com/job/plugins/job/gitlab-plugin/ ?

joi, 5 ianuarie 2017, 00:15:28 UTC+2, Owen B. Mehegan a scris:

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 2:39 AM, Posa Bogdan <sapob...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I want to become a maintainer of GitLab plugin -> https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/GitLab+Plugin

GitHub ID: trance1st
Jenkins ID: posabogdan

Kind regards,
Bogdan Posa

Owen Mehegan

Jan 10, 2017, 4:40:24 PM1/10/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
That instance does not build the plugin for release, it just runs the tests for visibility on Pull Requests.

When releasing, I have always just run that locally, following the instructions here: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Hosting+Plugins#HostingPlugins-Releasingtojenkinsci.org

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Posa Bogdan <sapob...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Posa Bogdan

Jan 17, 2017, 3:53:13 PM1/17/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I know that instance is only for CI checks.
I am asking to see how to job in configured in general.

The real problem is that I don't know how to re-trigger a build for a PR.
For example this MR (https://github.com/jenkinsci/gitlab-plugin/pull/431) have an yellow flag and I want to see more details why. There is a link that points to the build in this Jenkins instance (https://jenkins.ci.cloudbees.com/job/plugins/job/gitlab-plugin/572/) but this build doesn't exist anymore - probably that intance doesn't keep a long history of builds.
The questions is: how can I re-trigger o build for a specific PR?

I thought that I can answer myself to this question if I have access to that Jenkins instance.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Posa

Robert Sandell

Jan 18, 2017, 4:56:13 AM1/18/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Closing the PR and reopening it is usually enough to tickle the PR trigger.

/B

Robert Sandell
Software Engineer
CloudBees Inc.

Abir M

Jan 19, 2017, 3:26:06 AM1/19/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,
I have been using this plugin quite extensively, especially with the new pipeline syntax. Submitted a pull request yesterday to support the new syntax #488. There's more to do though and I want to add a few more examples to the readme and pipeline based tests. If I can have commit access I should have some time in the coming weeks. My Github id is colourmeamused, I can sign up for a Jenkins account if needed.
cheers,
abir

On Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 9:15:28 AM UTC+11, Owen B. Mehegan wrote:
Thanks for your interest! I have given you commit access. Please use it carefully :) Our practice thus far has been to make minor bugfix changes directly to master, but any more significant feature work in branches with a PR for discussion before merging.

I have just caught up on a lot of the open issues and PRs, and did a release. If you want to discuss anything with me, the best place would be either via email here or in the #gitlab-plugin channel on Freenode IRC.

Welcome aboard!
On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 2:39 AM, Posa Bogdan <sapob...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I want to become a maintainer of GitLab plugin -> https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/GitLab+Plugin

GitHub ID: trance1st
Jenkins ID: posabogdan

Kind regards,
Bogdan Posa

Owen Mehegan

Jan 19, 2017, 7:54:22 PM1/19/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I will add you as a committer ASAP. Given that we now have a couple of people jointly maintaining the plugin, I suggest that we limit the use of direct commits to updating documentation. For code changes, please continue to use PRs, so we can have some code review. Thanks and welcome aboard!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/ac96785b-b04b-4860-bae4-bc637946997b%40googlegroups.com.