Plugin hosting request - parameter pool plugin

Damien Biggs

Jun 2, 2015, 11:26:50 AM6/2/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'd like to migrate my jenkins plugin to jenkins' github page.

Thanks
Damien Biggs

# parameter-pool-plugin
Jenkins plugin for selecting a unique parameter from a parameter pool

Plugin adds a build step for setting a pool of values for a paramter.
Ensures that a unique value will be used for each concurrent build.
E.g. no two running builds will use the same parameter value.

I needed to create something like this for our CI environment.
We have test VMs that we set up then run tests against on a per commit basis.
These VMs are separate to slaves.
To run these tests concurrently, I needed to ensure that two test jobs wouldn't run against the same test VM.

We use the following flow.

After a code commit, the following runs

1) A container tests job is kicked off
2) This job uses the parameter pool plugin to select a vm name that is not in use in any other running container test job
3) This vm is reverted
4) This vm is rebuilt with the code from the commit
5) Tests are run against that vm.

Damien Biggs

Jun 17, 2015, 6:51:53 PM6/17/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Is there any additional information I should provide?

Daniel Beck

Jul 4, 2015, 5:46:53 AM7/4/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Damien Biggs
Sorry about the delay. Here's your shiny new repo:
https://github.com/jenkinsci/parameter-pool-plugin

Welcome aboard!

Please tell us your jenkins-ci.org (Wiki, Jira) user name so we can create a component for you.