NEW PUBLICATION: Sequels to Nursery Rhymes -for adults by Jeanette Dunn

1 view

Shirene Dovey

Jan 13, 2011, 2:12:32 PM1/13/11
to jd...@googlegroups.com

Sequels to Nursery Rhymes For Adults – by Jeanette Dunn just published by Just Done Productions          R70

There is more to nursery rhymes than meets the eye!

The verses learned during our childhood years merely scratch the surface.  Read between the lines!

This book offers an insight into what actually transpired.

Learn about ‘what happened after’ or “what did  happen!”

You’ll be amused and enlightened!

17 nursery rhymes that you will remember from your childhood have been included in this book. Jeanette has revisited them and created "sequels" for you to enjoy as an adult. They are delightfully witty and incisive, well researched and written.

A sample:  “Based on the original nursery rhyme JACK SPRAT

JACK SPRAT’S FATTY DILEMMA

Now, Jack had to hatch a plan to return Jean to the barrow.

She was very firmly wedged, ‘cause the ditch was awfully narrow.

“There is no way I can summon aid. My cell phone battery’s flat.

The cause of this fiasco, is your flagrant fetish for fat!”

A tactic had to be devised, to make sure Jean was freed.

The spectacle that followed was unbelievable indeed.

They put their heads together, and a plan was quite soon hatched.

The winch would have to be deployed, in a manner quite unmatched.

The rescue team then set to work – full speed, flat out, full throttle.

Mrs Sprat popped from the ditch, as a cork from out a bottle.

Jack wheeled his wife back home. He said, “I’m done. You’re a disgrace!

Fat is off the menu. A weight loss programme takes its place.”

Jean Sprat, quite some time later, had shed much adipose tissue.

And travelling in a barrow, was no longer an issue.

Jean’s ‘belly flap’ has been excised…..you can hardly see the scar.

And in their brand new Nike shoes, the Sprats jog near and far!”

  • Size A5
  • Number of Pages 48
  • Lulu ID 10019578
  • ISBN 13 978-1-920315-62-7
  • Illustrations/Photos B&W throughout
  • Cover Type Paperback
  • Binding Perfect Bound

To order

http://www.justdone.co.za

If you are ordering for the first time, please register and follow the instructions…Contact us if you have any problems pub...@justdone.co.za

or fax 086 505 2478

There are various payment options - Credit card payments may be made using PayPal alternatively, payments can be made via EFT (referred to as BANK WIRE on our website) or bank deposit.

International sales: You may either order on the Just Done site or from our page on Lulu

Shirene Dovey

Just Done Productions

http://www.justdone.co.za

pub...@justdone.co.za