NEW BOOK: THE ALTAR BOYS' PICNIC BY HENRY MINIETTI

Shirene Dovey

Jan 10, 2011, 12:12:07 PM1/10/11
to jd...@googlegroups.com

The Altar Boys’ Picnic by Henry Minietti has been published by Just Done Productions             R130

“Times were hard in Italy after World War Two. Work and food were equally scarce. One day my father, Celso, returned home from yet another hard day at his thankless job and announced to my mother, Natalina, that he had signed up to go and work in a town called Eshowe, where artisans were needed.

‘Where is Eshowe?’ she asked.

‘Somewhere in Africa,’ he replied.

This book was prompted by family and friends who convinced me to record my wonderful childhood memories. My intention is to transport the reader back to the free and fun-filled days of their youth – the time of innocence and wonder – to an era far removed from the stresses and strains of today’s hyper-modern world. All the characters in this short story are the actual people with whom I had the good fortune of sharing my life’s path, although some names have been changed. “

Henry Minietti

Some comments from Henry Minietti’s Facebook page:

  • “I am savouring each word...... and so far, laughing out loud enough for my dogs to come and investigate.....and I'm only on pg 34.” Dee Stewart
  • “A truly delightful and amusing book. Well done, thoroughly enjoyed it.” Hazel Nash
  • “Like your style of writing......draws the reader right into that world. Good going.” Katherine Brown-Quann
  • Size A5
  • Number of Pages 154
  • Lulu ID 14451393
  • ISBN 13 978-1-920315-63-4
  • Illustrations/Photos B&W Photos
  • Binding Perfect Bound

To order

http://www.justdone.co.za

If you are ordering for the first time, please register and follow the instructions…Contact us if you have any problems pub...@justdone.co.za

or fax 086 505 2478

There are various payment options - Credit card payments may be made using PayPal alternatively, payments can be made via EFT (referred to as BANK WIRE on our website) or bank deposit.

International sales: You may either order on the Just Done site or from our page on Lulu

Shirene Dovey

Just Done Productions

http://www.justdone.co.za

084 529 9639