My slides from JDays NL and a tip

Marijke

Mar 23, 2014, 9:34:12 PM3/23/14
to jdoc-tra...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I just got home after an amazing JoomlaDays weekend at the Netherlands.
At the event I did a presentation about the Joomla Documentation Translation project.
Later in the evening, there was a Bug Squad session, but with a group we worked on the translation of the documentation.
I could add 5 more members to the Dutch Translation Team and we sat together translating and helping each other out.
In just a couple of hours we went from 52% to 70%.

I wanted to share the link to the slides of my presentation, although they are in Dutch, perhaps you can use them anyhow whenever you want to do a presentation at your JUG or events you have in your country/language.

Today, one of the enthusiastic translators (Arjan) got home and sent me an email with a great tip I also wanted to share with you all.
At the end of my slides I told them where to get help, one of them was in case your not certain how to translate a link for instance, is to look at another language (like French f.i) to see how they did it. Therefore you have to switch languages. Arjan wrote to me he discovered that when you set a help language in the preferences of your account, you'll see the second language in the suggestions box on the right. It makes it a lot easier to translate links or categories the best way!
See the image:

Hope you all enjoy :-)

Marijke