OpenStack Folsom and JClouds 1.5.2

Leander

Nov 12, 2012, 8:53:02 AM11/12/12
to jcl...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I've recently upgraded my OpenStack installation from Essex to Folsom. However, when I try my existing code to list the nodes currently running on my setup I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
at $Proxy82.listInDetail(Unknown Source)
at org.jclouds.openstack.nova.v2_0.compute.NovaComputeServiceAdapter.listNodes(NovaComputeServiceAdapter.java:197)
at org.jclouds.compute.strategy.impl.AdaptingComputeServiceStrategies.listDetailsOnNodesMatching(AdaptingComputeServiceStrategies.java:115)
at org.jclouds.compute.strategy.impl.AdaptingComputeServiceStrategies.listNodes(AdaptingComputeServiceStrategies.java:110)
at org.jclouds.compute.internal.BaseComputeService.listNodes(BaseComputeService.java:342)
at com.google.inject.internal.DelegatingInvocationHandler.invoke(DelegatingInvocationHandler.java:37)
at $Proxy72.listNodes(Unknown Source)
at elastack.cloud.jclouds.JCCloud.listServersForGroup(JCCloud.java:65)
at serpentine.starter.standalone.Main.main(Main.java:72)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Timeout waiting for task.
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture$Sync.get(AbstractFuture.java:264)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture.get(AbstractFuture.java:96)
at org.jclouds.concurrent.ExceptionParsingListenableFuture.get(ExceptionParsingListenableFuture.java:76)
at org.jclouds.concurrent.internal.SyncProxy.invoke(SyncProxy.java:170)

Any ideas? I'm using JClouds 1.5.2 with maven.

Regards,

Leander

Everett Toews

Nov 12, 2012, 8:59:24 AM11/12/12
to jcl...@googlegroups.com
I've been using jclouds 1.5.2 with OpenStack Folsom extensively without any major problems.

The timeout you're getting makes me suspect one of the services you're trying to use with jclouds didn't get restarted after the upgrade. I'd suggest using curl to double check that all of the services you're trying to connect to are running. Have a look at the log output of your services to see how they're reacting to the curl commands.

Regards,
Everett

Leander Bessa Beernaert

Nov 12, 2012, 9:49:43 AM11/12/12
to jcl...@googlegroups.com
Sorry about, that. Turns out it was a network connectivity problem on my side. A firewall rule was routing the requests to the wrong machine :/

Regards,

Leander