Backup of a BlobStore

Kevin D

Apr 1, 2013, 2:51:32 PM4/1/13
to jcl...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone using jclouds implemented any sort of backup for their blobstore or have a provider that offers backup of the cloud files?   We were testing using rackspace but have come to the conclusion that they don't offer any sort of backup and we would have to implement this ourselves.    While this is possible it isn't optimal.

So do any of the current jclouds providers offer backup solutions for cloud files, or does anyone know of a backup solution that works well with the blobstore?

Everett Toews

Apr 1, 2013, 3:11:00 PM4/1/13
to <jclouds@googlegroups.com>
Hi Kevin,

Cloud Files is highly available and fault tolerant. Effectively your data is already backed up in triplicate.

If you're looking for a more traditional backup solution and your files live on a Cloud Server before going to Cloud Files, you can have a look at

Everett