Long living SyncProxy

Bartosz Wilk

Apr 29, 2013, 4:32:43 AM4/29/13
to jcl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

we use long-living ComputeServiceContext (which as I assume is not bad - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/jclouds/3aMDPxY5L8w/DfGavkxYZ6oJ). After about 30 days of operation the LoadingCache<ClassMethodArgs, Object> delegateMap which is a field in org.jclouds.concurrent.internal.SyncProxy grows very big (about 400Megs which is unacceptable for us). Is there any method to limit the size of this cache? How to do it?

Thank in advance,
Bartosz Wilk

we use jclouds 1.5.7

Adrian Cole

Apr 29, 2013, 9:44:38 AM4/29/13
to jcl...@googlegroups.com
Id switch to 1.6.0 as sync proxy had bad behavior and has been written out.

Andrew Phillips

Apr 29, 2013, 10:50:01 AM4/29/13
to jcl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bartosz

> we use jclouds 1.5.7

This isn't an immediate solution to your problem, but as a result of
#1501 [1] you'll find that SyncProxy is disappearing ;-) Is there any
way you can try out the latest 1.6.0 release [2] to see if that makes
any difference?

ap

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/issues/1501
[2] http://blog.jclouds.org/post/49146565342/jclouds-1-6-0-released

Adrian Cole

Apr 29, 2013, 10:52:27 AM4/29/13
to jcl...@googlegroups.com
Ps I first read this subject as "long live sync proxy" a horrific thought :p

Bartosz Wilk

Apr 29, 2013, 12:31:16 PM4/29/13
to jcl...@googlegroups.com, aphi...@qrmedia.com
Adrian, Andrew,
thanks for replies. I'll try 1.6.0 and come back with effects. It may take some time to reproduce the problem so please be patient :)...

Bartosz