rackspace cloudfiles-us .AuthorizationException

Kenneth Nagin

Feb 20, 2012, 6:38:57 AM2/20/12
to jclouds
I'm getting an authorization exception when attempting to
createContainer
I'm try to use rackspace's cloudfiles but I'm getting an
AuthorizationException on any operation I do on
on its BlobStore. This is the code sequence.

mBlobStoreContext = new
BlobStoreContextFactory().createContext(pProvider, pIdentity,
pCredential);
mBlobStore = mBlobStoreContext.getBlobStore();
mBlobStore.list();

The pIdentity is the username that I use to login to the rackspace
console.
For pCredential's I've tried using my password and the API key.
Both fail but with different exceptions.

When using my password the exception is:
Exception in thread "main" org.jclouds.rest.AuthorizationException:
command: GET https://auth.api.rackspacecloud.com/v1.0 HTTP/1.1 failed
with response: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized; content: [Bad username or
password]
at
org.jclouds.openstack.swift.handlers.ParseSwiftErrorFromHttpResponse.handleError(ParseSwiftErrorFromHttpResponse.java:
59)

When using the API key the exception is:

Exception in thread "main" org.jclouds.rest.AuthorizationException:
com.ibm.jsse2.util.g: PKIX path validation failed:
java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Fail to verify issuer;
internal cause is:
java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining
error connecting to GET
https://storage101.dfw1.clouddrive.com/v1/MossoCloudFS_ac7c7051-3320-4d62-8e26-f687229e58f3/?format=json
HTTP/1.1

What am I doing wrong?

Kenneth Nagin

Feb 20, 2012, 7:40:59 AM2/20/12
to jclouds
I have another rackspace in the UK. The access works with the API
key!
I generated a few new keys for the us account but nothing works.
The only thing that I can think of is that "cloudfiles-us" acts
differently than "cloudfiles-uk", but this seems very unlikely.
Another not very likely cause is that I am running jclouds outside of
the US.
I will continue looking for a programming error on my part.

In any case I suggest that the quick start example for rackspace
be updated to make it clear that the API key is required and not
the user password.

On Feb 20, 1:38 pm, Kenneth Nagin <kna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting an authorization exception when attempting to
> createContainer
> I'm try to use rackspace's cloudfiles but I'm getting an
> AuthorizationException on any operation I do on
> on its BlobStore.   This is the code sequence.
>
>         mBlobStoreContext = new
> BlobStoreContextFactory().createContext(pProvider, pIdentity,
> pCredential);
>         mBlobStore = mBlobStoreContext.getBlobStore();
>         mBlobStore.list();
>
> The pIdentity is the username that I use to login to the rackspace
> console.
> For pCredential's I've tried using my password and the API key.
> Both fail but with different exceptions.
>
> When using my password the exception is:
> Exception in thread "main" org.jclouds.rest.AuthorizationException:
> command: GEThttps://auth.api.rackspacecloud.com/v1.0HTTP/1.1 failed
> with response: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized; content: [Bad username or
> password]
>         at
> org.jclouds.openstack.swift.handlers.ParseSwiftErrorFromHttpResponse.handleError(ParseSwiftErrorFromHttpResponse.java:
> 59)
>
> When using the API key the exception is:
>
> Exception in thread "main" org.jclouds.rest.AuthorizationException:
> com.ibm.jsse2.util.g: PKIX path validation failed:
> java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Fail to verify issuer;
> internal cause is:
>         java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining
> error connecting to GEThttps://storage101.dfw1.clouddrive.com/v1/MossoCloudFS_ac7c7051-3320-...

Andrei Savu

Feb 20, 2012, 7:42:19 AM2/20/12
to jcl...@googlegroups.com
Not sure but I think you may need to specify  a different endpoint for cloudfiles-uk.

Chris Strand

Feb 20, 2012, 7:46:11 AM2/20/12
to jcl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kenneth,

Have you tried accessing cloudfiles-us with curl rather than jclouds? If that doesn't work then you can be pretty sure that you need to open a ticket with Rackspace!

I was taking a look at the Rackspace quick start guide earlier today and some of the compute examples are wrong/out of date too. If I get a spare moment today I will try and send a pull-req with changes.

Chris

Adrian Cole

Feb 20, 2012, 8:38:28 AM2/20/12
to jcl...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Ken.

That's an SSL error.  Check/update your jre?

-A

Kenneth Nagin

Feb 21, 2012, 3:01:23 AM2/21/12
to jclouds
That was the problem. The error does not occur in Java 1.7.

Thanks

On Feb 20, 3:38 pm, Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Ken.
>
> That's an SSL error.  Check/update your jre?
>
> -A
> On Feb 20, 2012 1:39 PM, "Kenneth Nagin" <kna...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I'm getting an authorization exception when attempting to
> > createContainer
> > I'm try to use rackspace's cloudfiles but I'm getting an
> > AuthorizationException on any operation I do on
> > on its BlobStore.   This is the code sequence.
>
> >        mBlobStoreContext = new
> > BlobStoreContextFactory().createContext(pProvider, pIdentity,
> > pCredential);
> >        mBlobStore = mBlobStoreContext.getBlobStore();
> >        mBlobStore.list();
>
> > The pIdentity is the username that I use to login to the rackspace
> > console.
> > For pCredential's I've tried using my password and the API key.
> > Both fail but with different exceptions.
>
> > When using my password the exception is:
> > Exception in thread "main" org.jclouds.rest.AuthorizationException:
> > command: GEThttps://auth.api.rackspacecloud.com/v1.0HTTP/1.1 failed
> > with response: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized; content: [Bad username or
> > password]
> >        at
>
> > org.jclouds.openstack.swift.handlers.ParseSwiftErrorFromHttpResponse.handleError(ParseSwiftErrorFromHttpResponse.java:
> > 59)
>
> > When using the API key the exception is:
>
> > Exception in thread "main" org.jclouds.rest.AuthorizationException:
> > com.ibm.jsse2.util.g: PKIX path validation failed:
> > java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Fail to verify issuer;
> > internal cause is:
> >        java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining
> > error connecting to GET
>
> >https://storage101.dfw1.clouddrive.com/v1/MossoCloudFS_ac7c7051-3320-...

Adrian Cole

Feb 21, 2012, 3:29:38 AM2/21/12