java.lang.NullPointerException: adminPass with Openstack Folsom

barakm

Jan 31, 2013, 2:03:30 PM1/31/13
to jcl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

using jclouds 1.5.3 and an openstack environment configured with:
enable_instance_password=false

I get the following exception:
Error parsing input: Operation failed. java.lang.NullPointerException: adminPass
at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:208)
at org.jclouds.openstack.nova.v2_0.domain.ServerCreated.<init>(ServerCreated.java:86)
at org.jclouds.json.internal.DeserializationConstructorAndReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$DeserializeWithParameterizedConstructorSerializeWithDelegate.newInstance(DeserializationConstructorAndReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:219)

including a log file with the "jclouds.wire" and "jcloudes.headers" output.
The 'adminPass' element is definitely not there.

Is there a setting in the template options or context overrides that I can use skip this null check?

Barak

Adrian Cole

Jan 31, 2013, 2:17:58 PM1/31/13
to jcl...@googlegroups.com
can you raise a issue on jclouds github? yeah, we weren't aware of
the flag to disable password generation. Note that this implies that
to use TemplateOptions.runScript, you'll need
overrrideLoginCredentials to be set.

-A