Examples

Matt Stephenson

Apr 28, 2013, 3:41:30 PM4/28/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
Currently the jclouds examples are a mishmash of maven and ant.  Given that maven has in my experience been broadly accepted as a replacement to ant, why are we building examples in ant still?

Matt

Adrian Cole

Apr 28, 2013, 4:00:39 PM4/28/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
I presume this is to accommodate lib dir people.

At any rate, I agree we ought to have clean and easy to run examples, using the most appropriate tool for the domain (ex Lein is ok for clojure).

On Sunday, April 28, 2013, Matt Stephenson wrote:
Currently the jclouds examples are a mishmash of maven and ant.  Given that maven has in my experience been broadly accepted as a replacement to ant, why are we building examples in ant still?

Matt

Matt Stephenson

Apr 28, 2013, 4:04:27 PM4/28/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
We're slowly shifting all the App Engine samples to maven at this point, though there is a drive as well to support examples in Gradle.  Ant has had no real user interest for the App Engine java sdk in a long while.

I firmly believe the examples and docs need to be done in maven going forward.  I'm not sure why there are a good deal of new ones being built in ant.

Matt

Adrian Cole

Apr 28, 2013, 4:08:41 PM4/28/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
+1

Andrew Phillips

Apr 28, 2013, 5:38:40 PM4/28/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
> Currently the jclouds examples are a mishmash of maven and ant. Given that
> maven has in my experience been broadly accepted as a replacement to ant,
> why are we building examples in ant still?

+1 for sticking to Maven for new (Java) examples, or Lein for clojure
if that's our "standard".

Gradle sounds like an interesting addition; would be good to know how
many users of jclouds are currently on Gradle.

ap