HPUX Problem

Lee Burstein

Dec 7, 2006, 9:16:09 AM12/7/06
to jB...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm working on an HPUX system installing jbase and configuring the spooler. No problem starting a formqueue but as soon as I try to print to the device, the instance of jspprint goes away.

Interestingly, if I try to execute a command from jsh that does not exist, I get the following:
$ lkjljljljlkjlkjlk
$ /usr/lib/dld.sl: Internal Error 2004
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Call to __sigenable() failed\ÿ{
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Not owner
Process ID 10856 , port 0 , aborted
  Program source name jspprint.b , line 1052
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Internal Error 2004
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Call to __sigenable() failed\ÿ{
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Not owner
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Internal Error 2004
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Call to __sigenable() failed]  {
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Not owner

Are these problems related? Do I have an incorrect build of jbase? Is there a problem with HPUX?

Lee H. Burstein, President
Dynamic Systems, Inc.
302-477-0180
www.dynamicsys.com

Praveen

Dec 7, 2006, 10:13:36 AM12/7/06
to jB...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lee,

We too faced similar kind of problem a year ago. whenever we type 'jsh' it will
throw strange error, which are similar to the below issues...
We then patched up the HP-UX box to latest level and the issue resolved...
maybe you can try it that way...

Thanks,
Praveen.

Lee Burstein

Dec 7, 2006, 10:45:39 AM12/7/06
to jB...@googlegroups.com
Praveen,

Thanks for the response. After a bit of research we found the same answer. First you load, then you patch, patch, patch.

Lee H. Burstein, President
Dynamic Systems, Inc.
302-477-0180
www.dynamicsys.com

/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory

Is there a problem with HPUX?

I must moderate this post most strongly and ask you not to waste the subscribers bandwidth with redundant questions!