Unable to catalog the object - 35637

suresh

Jul 3, 2008, 5:18:19 AM7/3/08
to jBASE
Can anyone tell me what this error message means. I was trying to
catalog the object

jsh anch ~ -->CATALOG TESTING.BP TEST.OBJCAT.TESTCAT
TEST.OBJCAT.TESTCAT The subroutine TEST_2OOBJCAT_2OTESTCAT is already
defined in 35637
** Unable to catalog object TEST.OBJCAT.TESTCAT ** jsh anch ~ -->

please help me ................

Thanks and Regards,
Sureshanch

Mujtaba Khan

Jul 3, 2008, 9:37:51 AM7/3/08
to jB...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

  It seesm that routine is already cataloged so decataloged it first then recatalog , hope this will solve ur problem.

Regards

Mujtaba Khan

Pawel (privately)

Jul 3, 2008, 1:52:13 PM7/3/08
to jBASE, jBASE

Hello,

Not really I think :)

I guess that somebody catalogued object that has different file name, but contains same symbolic name. Look for 2 routines that have same name after SUBROUTINE keyword, but differently named source files.

Name mentioned after SUBROUTINE keyword must match (source code) file name. Too long story to explain.

Kind regards

Pawel

Przedstawienie MEWA w wykonaniu Sanktpetersburskiego Teatru Baletu
Borisa Ejfmana 17 lipca, godz.20:30 Opera Leśna-Sopot.
Czytaj więcej http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http://corto.www.wp.pl/as/eifman.html&sid=401

sarfraz...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2008, 10:48:40 AM7/4/08
to jBASE
Hi,

This error shows that the file TEST_2OOBJCAT_2OTESTCAT is already
created and the name of the file is wrongly created by the system.

File name should be like this TEST_2EOBJCAT_2ETESTCAT.

As mujhtaba says that decatalog the file first but unforunatly system
will not allow you to decatalog it.

You just go in the folder $HOME/lilb/obj (for non-windows platform) or
$HOME/lib/objdir (for windows) and search the file
TEST_2OOBJCAT_2OTESTCAT and delete it and again try to compile and
catalog the file.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Sarfraz Rajput

David Grenfell

Jul 4, 2008, 3:05:26 PM7/4/08
to jb...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

It is 3:00 p.m. on Friday as I type this.  I have to visit walkerton . I am putting the toys in my car.  If you phone me on my cell phone at 519-379-1537, any time in the next 1/2 hour or so and give me your address, I can drop them off.  Otherwise, pickup tomorrow will be fine.

My address is :

13  3rd street.

Get there by turning west onto 3rd street at Hallman motors (across from the racetrack) and follow the street through one stop sign to the next at a T intersection.  I am the house on your left as you come up to the stop sign.  Vertical cedar fence around yard, corner lot.

Dave

> Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 07:48:40 -0700
> Subject: Re: Unable to catalog the object - 35637
> From: sarfraz...@gmail.com
> To: jB...@googlegroups.com

suresh

Jul 7, 2008, 5:23:36 AM7/7/08
to jBASE
Hi,

Thanks for the reply,
i tried to decatalog , but it shows an error message

** Unable to decatalog object TEST.OBJCAT.TESTCAT **

Thanks and Regards,
Sureshanch
> > Sureshanch- Hide quoted text -

suresh

Jul 7, 2008, 6:21:36 AM7/7/08
to jBASE
Hi,

Thank you for the reply,

yes, you are correct

sorry i wrongly mentioned the error file.. the exact error file name
is
" TEST_2EOBJCAT_2ETESTCAT "(i got the error for this file name only
not for that)

what the error means ???? i am in great confusion!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and Regards,
Suresh.k

On Jul 4, 7:48 pm, "sarfraz.raj...@gmail.com"

Jim Idle

Jul 7, 2008, 10:36:37 AM7/7/08
to jB...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 03:21 -0700, suresh wrote:
Hi,

       Thank you for the reply,

yes, you are correct

sorry i wrongly mentioned the error file.. the exact  error file name
is
 " TEST_2EOBJCAT_2ETESTCAT "(i got the error for this file name only
not for that)

what the error means ???? i am in great confusion!!!!!!!!!!

It looks to me like your CATALOG library has become corrupt and that the entry in the .def file should not be there. This sometimes does happen when people copy subroutines lazily and do not rename the SUBROUTINE statement, however I think that the consequences of doing that were fixed a long time ago, so there is probably some other reason, such as the program being killed while trying to CATALOG and so on.

At this point, the only thing to do (sensibly anyway) is to remove the lib directory that you are working with (hopefully you are not CATALOGing directly into your main application bin and lib) and to re catalog all the programs and subroutines. This will remove the incorrect entries and start from scratch, but you won't have to recompile everything, just CATALOG everything.

Find out where you are CATALOGing to and remove that directory (if you are sharing it, make sure you coordinate this with others). Look at the environment variables for JBCDEV_LIB ( http://www.jbase.com/knowledgebase/manuals/3.0/30manpages/man/env1.htm ).

Jim

Tom Turkington

Jul 7, 2008, 11:10:54 AM7/7/08
to jB...@googlegroups.com
Basically the original error message:

jsh anch ~ -->CATALOG TESTING.BP TEST.OBJCAT.TESTCAT
TEST.OBJCAT.TESTCAT The subroutine TEST_2OOBJCAT_2OTESTCAT is already
defined in 35637
** Unable to catalog object TEST.OBJCAT.TESTCAT ** jsh anch ~ -->

is indicating it cannot catalog the "TESTING.BP" version of this file
because it "already" has a copy of the subroutine cataloged, but it's in a
different file... in this case it appears the subroutine is in a file
called "35637" (Presumably this occurred accidentally/someone copied the
subroutine file to "35637" and then cataloged it there?). Generally, JBase
keeps an inventory of subroutines and how they're mapped to .dll's/.so's,
what the source is, etc., in a file (in the LIB folder) called libdef.def.
Basically, when you attempt to catalog the above, jbase looks in libdef.def,
and says, sorry, I've already got a copy of the subroutine and it's in a
file called "35637". To fix, you need to get the bad info out of
libdef.def. Typically you can do this by DECATALOG'ing. I'm not sure if
you need to do:

DECATALOG TESTING.BP TEST.OBJCAT.TESTCAT

or

DECATALOG TESTING.BP 35637

but I would recommend doing both at least 2 times, then try CATALOG'ing
again...

Tom @ Proco, Inc
800-867-7626 x4
t...@proman.com

Jul 7, 2008, 10:38:46 PM7/7/08
to jBASE
> TEST.OBJCAT.TESTCAT The subroutine TEST_2OOBJCAT_2OTESTCAT is already
> defined in 35637

To elaborate on what Jim said.

The subroutine name should match the source code name.
For example if your TEST.OBJCAT.TESTCAT program is a subroutine then
it should start with:
SUBROUTINE TEST.OBJCAT.TESTCAT
and not by any other name.

Also, if you change the program type from main to subroutine or
viceversa, you should first decatalog the existing program then
catalog.
To see if there is any duplicate program name use JSHOW.
For example:
jshow TEST.OBJCAT.TESTCAT

Lucian

suresh

Jul 8, 2008, 1:41:51 AM7/8/08
to jBASE
Hi,
Thank you so much for the reply.... i wil try and let you know the
result

suresh

Jul 8, 2008, 1:42:16 AM7/8/08
to jBASE
Hi,
Thank you so much for the reply

suresh

Jul 8, 2008, 1:43:21 AM7/8/08

On Jul 3, 10:52 pm, "Pawel (privately)" <pprivat...@wp.pl> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Not really I think :)
>

> I guess that somebody catalogued object that has different file name, but contains same symbolic name. Look for 2 routines that have same name after SUBROUTINE keyword, but differently named source files.
>

> Name mentioned after SUBROUTINE keyword must match (source code) file name. Too long story to explain.
>

> Kind regards
>

> Pawel
>

> Dnia 3-07-2008 o godz. 15:37 Mujtaba Khan napisał(a):
>
> Hi,
>   It seesm that routine is already cataloged so decataloged it first then recatalog , hope this will solve ur problem.
> Regards

suresh

Jul 8, 2008, 1:44:07 AM7/8/08
to jBASE
Hi,

Thank you so much for the reply

suresh

Jul 8, 2008, 2:13:11 AM7/8/08
to jBASE
Hi,

Thank you for the reply

On Jul 4, 7:48 pm, "sarfraz.raj...@gmail.com"

suresh

Jul 8, 2008, 2:13:52 AM7/8/08
to jBASE
Hi,

Thank you for the reply

Daniel Klein

Jul 8, 2008, 9:03:21 AM7/8/08
to jB...@googlegroups.com
You can always use the 'portbas' command to find programs where the subroutine line does not match the subroutine name.

Actually it is not a requirement that the name of the program match the SUBROUTINE line. You just need to be aware that jBASE always catalogs the subroutine based on the SUBROUTINE line in the program and that it is the name on the SUBROUTINE line that you must use in CALL statements.

Dan

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:21 PM, x <lucia...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  TEST.OBJCAT.TESTCAT The subroutine TEST_2OOBJCAT_2OTESTCAT is already
> defined in 35637

This is a symptom of wrong subroutine name.
The subroutine name should match the source code name !

Also, if you change the program type from main to subroutine or
viceversa, you should first decatalog the existing program then
catalog.
If the subroutine name does not match the program name and more over
if the right program is loaded in memory you get this kind of message.

For example, let's say there is cataloged subroutine named ABC.
Now let's say TEST.OBJCAT.TESTCAT source code starts with:
SUBROUTINE ABC(...)    ;* Bad, should be TEST.OBJCAT.TESTCAT

The error message tells you that the "rightfull" ABC is already
cataloged and probably running.
Be very careful not to do this kind of mistake in a "live" setting
because you can corrupt the lib & bin libraries.

Lucian

Jul 10, 2008, 2:27:53 AM7/10/08
to jBASE
Suresh,

To ease up the compile & catalog process I suggest you use the program
shown at:
www.pata-group.com
On the "Sources" page, check the last item:
CMP, compile & catalog framework - for jBASE

The basic advantage of CMP is that it automates the steps you have to
take in order to ensure a healthy program library.
For example you can change the program type from subroutine to main
and viceversa with no worry whatsoever.
Make sure to read the program comments.

Lucian

Simon Verona

Jul 10, 2008, 3:18:03 AM7/10/08
to jB...@googlegroups.com
Simon Verona
Dealer Management Services Ltd

Jul 10, 2008, 11:12:43 AM7/10/08
to jBASE
Suresh,

I apologize for some typos in the code.
I've just made the corrections on the site.

Lucian