using charm-down lib in build.gradle

Jörg Wille

May 7, 2015, 12:23:40 PM5/7/15
to javafx...@googlegroups.com
I would like to try out charm-down in an desktop/android app build with javafxmobile gradle-plugin.
As I understand I need compile time dependency of charm-down-common
and run time dependencies of charm-down-android and charm-down-desktop.
But I cannot get it to work (which is probably mainly because I do not understand gradle yet).
Is there maybe a example project or what exactly do I have to write in the projects build.gradle file?
Something like:

jfxmobile {
    android {
    }
    desktop {
    }
}

Даниэль Циммерманн

May 11, 2015, 10:23:07 AM5/11/15
to javafx...@googlegroups.com
Haven't tried it yet, but I guess you need to add the dependency to your gradle file.
I think a prerequisite would be
dependencies{
    compile
"
com.gluonhq:charm-down-common:0.0.1"
}

If you read the descriotion at http://javafxports.org/page/Configuration you can see other parameters like androidCompile, where I guess you could add "com.gluonhq:charm-down-android:0.0.1and so on.
I know, that the gradle configuration is a bit strange in the beginning (I was and sill am confused from time to time), but you when you have a working script, you can easiely re-use it for multiple projects or even host multiple sub-projects within one parent (but this is Level 2 :-) ).

Hope this helps you...

Cheers,
Daniel