virtual keyboard in javafx/apps/experiments/ConferenceScheduleApp

Mumuney Abdlquadri

Jan 20, 2014, 4:02:59 AM1/20/14
to javafx...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Please I am trying to salvage the virtual keyboard from the
ConferenceScheduleApp but it is really not working right.

I got it to show up in the main app but when I press the keys nothing
show up in the textfield.

I also tried to reuse classes (VirtualKeyboard and
VirtualKeyboardSkin) in a fresh project but the Virtual keyboard did
not come up at all.

Has anyone had success with this?

Regards.

Mumney Abdlquadri

Jan 21, 2014, 7:55:07 AM1/21/14
to javafx...@googlegroups.com, abdlq...@googlemail.com
Hi All,

After a long battle I managed to get it working.

But some how When I press the key board it does nothing to the textfield.

I added this code which will not work as expected, but I am on it.

TextInputControl tic = (TextInputControl)getScene().focusOwnerProperty().getValue();
            tic.insertText(tic.getCaretPosition(), this.chars);
        }

Any help is welcome.

Warning tested on jdk 1.7_51 only.

Regards.

Johan Vos

Jan 23, 2014, 4:43:40 AM1/23/14
to javafx...@googlegroups.com, abdlq...@googlemail.com
Nice!
Thanks for posting.

Mumuney Abdlquadri

Jan 24, 2014, 3:24:15 AM1/24/14
to Johan Vos, javafx...@googlegroups.com
Yeah Johan Thanks.

After more research, work and stealing this
https://github.com/comtel2000/fx-experience/blob/master/fx-onscreen-keyboard/src/main/java/org/comtel/javafx/robot/FXRobotHandler.java
class. I changed some things in the class though.

Now the keyboard works like a keyboard.
I also made it work for JavaFX8.

There are 3 branches javafx8 and master pretty much the same. and then
you have java7 (tested with jdk 1.7_51)

But I still have little styling issue. Some how JavaFx8 gives the keys
some lines(I tried setting the theme to caspian but the lines remain)
and JavaFx7 doesnt give lines but some padding are lost. (See attached
pics)

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks,
javafx7.png
javafx8.png

Mumuney Abdlquadri

Jan 27, 2014, 5:07:48 AM1/27/14
to Johan Vos, javafx...@googlegroups.com
I Have managed to removed the unwanted lines.

I guess some commented out css were not needed for jdk7 but they are for javafx8

Regards.

pico...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2015, 6:40:28 AM11/25/15
to JavaFXAndroid, abdlq...@googlemail.com