Working with the android API

ninadpa...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2015, 9:29:10 AM6/17/15
to javafx...@googlegroups.com
So I got the initial application running and added a Label to display text when clicked and it all worked perfectly.
After that I decided to make a big jump and try to make a Notification appear on the Button click.
So I added the v4 support library for the NotificationCompat and jfxdvk for the FXActivity class from the maven repository for compiling. So, the program compiled and everything and generated the apk properly and installed in my connected device from gradlew androidInstall.
But the screen turned to be black after I opened it. I even added the properties file in the resources folder for increasing the stack size.
After some testing and editing it turned out it was because of the imported jar files and without them, the app loaded properly.
I am just developing the app from JavaFX and adding little API. I am an android noob so I chose to go with JavaFX. Do I need to extend an Activity class somewhere or extend classes from the android API?