One or two JSR?

Oliver B. Fischer

Jul 23, 2014, 2:00:05 AM7/23/14
to java-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

is it still planned to have two JSR, one for Java SE and one for Java EE?

Best,

Oliver

--
N Oliver B. Fischer
A Schönhauser Allee 64, 10437 Berlin, Deutschland/Germany

Anatole Tresch

Jul 23, 2014, 2:55:34 AM7/23/14
to Oliver B. Fischer, java-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oliver

The current focus is on EE, there will only be one JSR. It will probably (partially) run on SE, since low level configuration has similarities to SE. Integrating config with CDI has several additional advantages, one of them is its usability within SE, as CDI gets standardized for SE as well (which is one of the objectives with CDI 2.0). CDI 2 also is plannef to be tailorable, so you can have eg pure DI in a very lean container...

Cheers
Anatole

-
Anatole Tresch
Glärnischweg 10
8620 Wetzikon
Tel +41 (43) 317 05 30
-
Send from Mobile

Antonio Goncalves

Jul 23, 2014, 3:30:49 AM7/23/14
to Anatole Tresch, Oliver B. Fischer, java-...@googlegroups.com
CDI 2.0 wants to introduce the concept of "parts", we will see if it spreads through Java EE. If it does, it's cleary easier to have one single JSR "divided" into several parts (which technically will be seperate chapters and maybe seperate jars).

Antonio

Antonio Goncalves
Software architect, Java Champion and Pluralsight author

Web site | TwitterLinkedIn | Pluralsight | Paris JUG | Devoxx France