Dynamic Configuration vs Static Configuration

Mark Struberg

Jul 6, 2014, 7:25:34 AM7/6/14
to java-...@googlegroups.com
Nothing too important, but something we need to clearly define.
Do we like to support dynamic configuration? How about performance in this case?
This would mean that the ConfigResolver (using DeltaSpike speach for now) must not cache anything but all the caching is totally up to the ConfigSources.

Please also keep in mind that something like

@Inject
@ConfigProperty("archive.endpoint.url")
String archiveEndpoint

will NOT leverage dynamic configuration as we cannot proxy Strings. Thus once the value gets injected it is final. This would have to be resolved dynamically via the ConfigResolver every time the value is needed. Just as a sidenote...

LieGrue,
strub