Current state of the JSR

Oliver B. Fischer

Aug 17, 2014, 5:20:42 AM8/17/14
to java-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anatole,

are there any news regarding the JSR for Java Config?

Best,

Oliver

--
N Oliver B. Fischer
A Schönhauser Allee 64, 10437 Berlin, Deutschland/Germany

Slim Ouertani

Sep 18, 2014, 1:13:12 AM9/18/14
to java-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oliver,

JSR has been deferred according to the url below

Anatole Tresch

Sep 18, 2014, 2:19:04 AM9/18/14
to Slim Ouertani, java-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Slim

this is true, what regards setting it up on EE level together with Oracle. But it would be too important to just stop now. Currently I started a first review round for a SE based proposal, which IMO is not even a bad alternative (advantage here: Credit Suisse can do the spec lead alone):

Related to Java EE we must see what is possible. We will not be able to having EE JSRs connect to our API, but we can try to get configuration mechanisms into EE8, where provider classes registered to the SE ServiceLoader will be used to setup ("configure") deployment aspects. With such SPIs config mechanisms then can be hooked in easily.
For CDI and bean validation according mechanisms already exist. Especially the CDI extension model is important because it is the link to add application configuration to Java EE. For other JSRs we can only hope they will help in adding similar extension points...

Cheers,
Anatole

Anatole Tresch
Java Engineer & Architect, JSR Spec Lead
Glärnischweg 10
CH - 8620 Wetzikon

Switzerland, Europe Zurich, GMT+1
Twitter:  @atsticks