Configured values: String vs Object graphs

Mark Struberg

Jul 6, 2014, 6:58:25 AM7/6/14
to java-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Another topic and background information where we had quite some discussions going on in Apache DeltaSpike.

Do we like to only have Strings as configured values, or do we also like to support Object instances (like JNDI does).

I'm not yet clear about this myself. In all the cases I had so far it was totally fine to only have Strings as configured values. Not sure if it's worth the hassle handling Objects instead. But I'm happy to learn about your usecases from other big projects where it would have been nice to have those.

In any case: we need to have a clear mind whether we like to support Objects or only Strings as this has a fundamental impact on the whole API/SPI and impl.

LieGrue,
strub