Adopt OpenJDK GSK Update: JMH section has been updated

Mani Sarkar

Jul 1, 2015, 2:20:08 AM7/1/15
to adoption...@openjdk.java.net, mechanica...@googlegroups.com, java-ch...@googlegroups.com, jitw...@googlegroups.com, fri...@jclarity.com
Hi All,

Mohan Radhakrishnan has contributed the below to the Adopt OpenJDK GSK gitbook:

Thanks Mohan for taking the time and sharing it with the community.

Any feedback is highly appreciated, and contributions like the above are also welcome.

Cheers,
Mani

--
@theNeomatrix369  |  Blog  |  LJC Associate & LJC Advocate (@adoptopenjdk & @adoptajsr programs)
Meet-a-Project - MutabilityDetector  |  Bitbucket  |  Github  |  LinkedIn

Don't chase success, rather aim for "Excellence", and success will come chasing after you!

Mani Sarkar

Jul 1, 2015, 2:46:15 AM7/1/15
to Mohan Radhakrishnan, fri...@jclarity.com, java-ch...@googlegroups.com, adoption...@openjdk.java.net, mechanica...@googlegroups.com, jitw...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mohan, please put this as footnotes to the JHM section.

Cheers,
Mani

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 7:32 AM, Mohan Radhakrishnan <radhakris...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
        Some additional points about this.

1. The Java code using JMH is quite simple. This could be improved with
more details
2. I have used 'R' to parse the output of JMH using Hadley Wickham's ddplyr
package. ggplot is used to draw the graph. I have to add more details to
the graph. I think SE or standard error bars will be shorter if there are
more sets of measurements.

       In fact ddplyr's pipes are so powerful that the code used to parse
and get the iteration details is just this.

library(stringr)
library(dplyr)

data <- read.table("D:\\jmh\\jmh.txt",sep="\t")

final <-data %>%
        select(V1) %>%
        filter(grepl("^Iteration", V1)) %>%
        mutate(V1 = str_extract(V1, "\\d+\\.\\d*"))

Thanks,
Mohan